The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

An idea which needed more thought

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

An idea which needed more thought Empty
PostSubject: An idea which needed more thought   An idea which needed more thought EmptyTue Feb 20, 2007 10:48 am

"Talk about cutting-edge marketing: Anglo-Dutch consumer products group Unilever sent knives to 200,000 Dutch families in a direct mail campaign which resulted in some children suffering injuries, the now-regretful company admitted.

The company had sent the letters, which included a small knife with a metal blade and a plastic handle, earlier this month to promote the use of one of its brands of margarine.

But Unilever said three children had to visit a doctor and about 50 parents filed complaints.

"Parents said the knife was too sharp, after which we decided to send a second letter and ask the families to throw away the knife," a Unilever spokeswoman said.

Unilever said it had contacted the complaining families and offered them cuddly toys as consolation.

No word if they will mail the stuffed animal directly to the hospital where the youngsters are recuperating."

I think this is a classic example of why we are supposed to think things through COMPLETELY before acting.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

An idea which needed more thought Empty
PostSubject: Re: An idea which needed more thought   An idea which needed more thought EmptyWed Feb 21, 2007 11:10 am

That's crazy!
Back to top Go down

An idea which needed more thought
Page 1 of 1