The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Potential Idea

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 10:16 am

We as a family and community here on this forum are all fairly well off and overall a happy healthy bunch of people. But there are lot of people through out the rest of the world that are not nearly as fortunate as we are. I just thought that maybe as a forum community we might consider the possibility of sponsoring a special cause. Right now all I have is an idea, nothing special, but maybe we could all chip in and sponsor a child every month or something along that line. I can setup a paypal link that would collect all the donated money and then use it towards our child or what every project we chose. If we weren't sure how this might work, we could start off with just one time donations towards certain causes, or we could make the jump and do a monthly project.

Like I said, this is just an idea and therefore all I'm doing here is sharing my idea as a suggestion. I'd love to hear EVERYONES input on this topic, is this something you think could work, and is it a good idea. Please share any thoughts you might have on the subject.

Here are a few suggestions on what we might consider doing.

http://www.adra.org/site/PageServer?pagename=need_appeal

or

http://www.adventistchildindia.org/
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 5:50 pm

Good idea!! Let's all support Tyler!! His hobbies are getting expensive and we wouldn't want him to feel like he was neglected... now would we?

After all... he is an Adventist child...........
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 8:19 am

lol!

While a good idea, I'm guessing Brian was thinking a little further from home. Smile
Back to top Go down
Live4Him
nOOb
nOOb

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-01-02

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptySun Jan 28, 2007 1:11 pm

I totally agree with this! We have the Brostovski fund...2 poor teenage boys who are always starving to death!!! Yup, and Adventist too!!

On the serious side...would mision trips count here? We're contemplating a couple of them, as I'm sure others have too. Fundraising?
Robin
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptyMon Jan 29, 2007 8:36 am

I see that I should have presented my idea to someone that ya'll see to be a tad bit more serious and had them present it to ya'll. I'm very disappointed in ya'll! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea EmptyMon Jan 29, 2007 10:11 am

I think it's a nice idea Brian. We're already giving any extra money that we have to people that need it in our family and at our church though.

Today I'm trying to figure out which grocery/household items are most important to get with the $50 that I have to shop with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Potential Idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Potential Idea   A Potential Idea Empty

Back to top Go down

A Potential Idea
Page 1 of 1