The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

***Warning*** Topic is Rated R

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R Empty
PostSubject: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptyThu Sep 28, 2006 1:34 pm

Shame on ya'll for even opening this topic! JK

Well I have another pondering topic to discuss. Work=to much free time=thinks of weird topics!

Adultery is defined by Wikipedia as:
Adultery is generally defined as consensual sexual intercourse by a married person with someone other than his or her lawful spouse. In many jurisdictions, an unmarried person who is sexually involved with a married person is also considered an adulterer. The common synonym for adultery is infidelity as well as unfaithfulness or in colloquial speech, cheating. It was also known in earlier times by the legalistic term "alienation of affection".

The bible says:
But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. Matthew 5:28

So here is my question, How can movie/tv actors that are married in real life, play a movie role where they have to pretend to be a married to someone else? I know alot of movies have love scenes, but that's a given. I'm talking basic shows where they show the husband and wife kissing and showing general affection for each other. Does this fall under adultery, or just part of your job?
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptyThu Sep 28, 2006 3:35 pm

I would start by saying, thats not the kind of job that someone who cares about Biblical things would have, but thats a given.
I would say yes it is adultry. I mean, come on...think about when you kiss your spouse...how does it feel? Especially that first time you did it when you were dating (or for uncanelle and uncalee, once you were married Laughing ). You get butterflies in your tummy and you feel lightheaded and then you start thinking things you shouldn't. Now, i'm not an actor, so i can't say how they feel...but i know they have to feel SOMETHING, right? And if they feel even a little something, then its wrong, right? I have seen, though, many actors who were married get on a show or movie and end up divorcing their spouse to be with who they acted with (aka Brad/Jen/Angelina). So they have to be thinking impure thoughts about the other person...so isn't that Biblical adultry?

But let me ask this...this is along the same lines and its sumthing i've wondered for a long time.
How come they were allowed to marry so many women in the Bible? Wasn't that adultry? I know it was a different time and whatnot...but come on! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptyThu Sep 28, 2006 5:11 pm

They werent supposed to marry so many wives..They just did it to conform to the rest of the heathen nations. God never said "Okay you may marry more then one wife". He never intended for it to happen, just man trying to conform, but if you read it never got him anywhere but in trouble...
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptyFri Sep 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Bethie wrote:
I would start by saying, thats not the kind of job that someone who cares about Biblical things would have, but thats a given.
I would say yes it is adultry. I mean, come on...think about when you kiss your spouse...how does it feel? Especially that first time you did it when you were dating (or for uncanelle and uncalee, once you were married Laughing ). You get butterflies in your tummy and you feel lightheaded and then you start thinking things you shouldn't. Now, i'm not an actor, so i can't say how they feel...but i know they have to feel SOMETHING, right? And if they feel even a little something, then its wrong, right? I have seen, though, many actors who were married get on a show or movie and end up divorcing their spouse to be with who they acted with (aka Brad/Jen/Angelina). So they have to be thinking impure thoughts about the other person...so isn't that Biblical adultry?

But let me ask this...this is along the same lines and its sumthing i've wondered for a long time.
How come they were allowed to marry so many women in the Bible? Wasn't that adultry? I know it was a different time and whatnot...but come on! Rolling Eyes

Topic Brian... are we discussing this in a biblical sense or a PS/PCS sense? JK Cause if it's biblical then the problem that we should be concerned with is not the actors, but those of us that pay $ or spend our time watching them do this. There's a verse in the bible- I'll have to look it up, that speaks just to this type of "voyeurism" it talks about people who sin and those that enjoy watching them do it. That is the reason why I have spent my TV time on my vacation watching the food network.....no hankypanky going on with Emril or Paula...

Now I think that in PS/PCS they teach the children to watch and emulate this kind of sordid behaviour....

I know that I am being facetious with some of this, but it really is a serious problem.... since all sin is very serious.

Bri- didja notice that you have gotten 25 hits on this, but only 2 replies?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptySat Sep 30, 2006 12:07 am

Lynelle wrote:
Bri- didja notice that you have gotten 25 hits on this, but only 2 replies?

I notice everything! I'm the great Mod... remember!

What about the waltons, or little house on the parie, or Cosby Show, they are all clean, but none of the actors were married actually married in the show. hmmm.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptySat Sep 30, 2006 5:15 pm

Well then the TV is the devil then.... ORRRRR hold on.... fiction TV is the devil.... If you want clean fiction like Little House you should read a book that way you're not watching fake people kiss... will that make it better??

So from now on you should only watch documentaries and true things on the TV Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 1:42 pm

Jesse wrote:
Well then the TV is the devil then.... ORRRRR hold on.... fiction TV is the devil.... If you want clean fiction like Little House you should read a book that way you're not watching fake people kiss... will that make it better??

So from now on you should only watch documentaries and true things on the TV Laughing

OH NOOOOOO not the Waltons!! But you are right.... sigh...... I have seen Pa and Livvie smoochin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ***Warning*** Topic is Rated R   ***Warning*** Topic is Rated  R Empty

Back to top Go down

***Warning*** Topic is Rated R
Page 1 of 1