The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time Stuff - Awesome!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Time Stuff - Awesome! Empty
PostSubject: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptySat Nov 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Okay...i found this website that you download a sunset/sunrise/darkness time thing for your computer. Its great since we are always guessing when sunset is for Sabbath...its also just cool!

http://www.sunrisesunset.com/sun.html

You go to the bottom of the page where it says Download Here and click the blue one that says Zipped Version.
Then click OPEN. It takes like less than a minute to load. Then you find the Richmond/Petersburg setting for you Cumberlanders. I believe there is a Roanoke setting and there is a DC setting too...i dunno about you Anna, but your smart...i'm sure you can figure it out Smile

Then it puts this littel sun icon down by the clock on your pc. If its day its yellow if its night its blue...if you put your curser on it(don't click!) it tells you what the time for sunrise is, sunset and time till darkness!

Anyhoo...just a cool little "thing."
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptySun Nov 05, 2006 12:10 am

I downloaded it.... I opened the file, I clicked run.... and the program stays open for a total of 3 seconds... not even long enough for me to change the settings for my city.

What does that mean?

This better not be a virus!!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptySun Nov 05, 2006 12:11 am

Embarassed

I figured it out.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 9:24 am

Doesn't this help to promote being anxious for the sabbath to be over so we can go do what we want? I know there are times when its handy to know, but should be clock watching to see when the sabbath ends?
Same applies to the start, how long can we work before sabbath starts?

Here is something fun to try... right before sundown take off your watch and don't put it back on before sunday. Sabbath will be much more relaxing and will last alot longer!
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 9:42 am

I meant it more for bringing in Sabbath...not closing it!
Sabbath is my favorite day of the week. I get an entire day with my husband and son. No obligations to work, just church, then lunch then Sabbath nap Wink
I want Sabbath to hurry up and come...not go away!

And i also always have my "work" done way before sunset on Sabbath, it makes for a much more relaxing start to Sabbath.

But I just thought it was something neat, Brian...sheesh! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 10:07 am

I was just trying to spark some conversation, I wasn't pointing finger. I just think its an issue with alot of adventists.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 10:18 am

Well your right, it is a problem.
In fact, the reason i even thought about it was because when we were at Courthouse on Sabbath i noticed that in the little flyer they give you when you come into church, it had what time sunset was and i thought it was weird.
Like, why should we be worried about when Sabbath ends?
I for one, wish Sabbath was longer and i try to make it last as long as possible.
We usually try to have something planned around sunset to lengthen our Sabbath(recently we have been having little camp fires in the front yard, which is awesome, by the way!).
Instead of sitting on the sofa watching for the sun to set then turning on the TV, which, i'll admit, we use to do.
Now, we all agree...Sabbath is our favorite time of the week and we want it to last as long as possible. Its the only time we really get to actually RELAX! Very Happy
What about everyone else, how do you all feel on this subject??
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 11:00 am

I'm not good yet at "guarding the edges"... but knowing when the "edges" are helps to guard them. I think it's good to know the time even though we can start enjoying and relaxing before it begins and after it ends.

Otherwise we could just make Sabbath last 2 or 3 days...
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 11:50 am

Look at the sky... if its dark then its sundown.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 4:32 pm

Actually it's sundown before it's dark
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! EmptyMon Nov 06, 2006 4:55 pm

Yes it is.. if you want to be technical, hence my point about having an exact time for sundown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time Stuff - Awesome!   Time Stuff - Awesome! Empty

Back to top Go down

Time Stuff - Awesome!
Page 1 of 1