The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time of trouble

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 9:36 am

Just how bad do you think it will be during the time of trouble and affect do you think it will have on other non-SDA Christians and non-Christians in general?
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptyFri Dec 22, 2006 10:27 am

Going off memory of past studies and assumptions of imagination:

How bad? Worse than any of us have even known or (possibly) could have imagined (meaning some might not have imagined just how bad it will be).

I think for non-SDA's and non-Christians alike... for just about everyone if not everyone in the world it will not be a walk in the park. I think day to day life will be different, freedoms will be gone, necessities will be scarce (causing lots of strife even between nonSDA's and nonChristians)... and then when the plagues begin to fall it will just get worse.

And with all the bad stuff happening all fingers will be pointed at the SDA's and blame will be placed there. Of course causing persecution for SDA's. The little tiny bits of persecution we're seeing towards Muslims & Arab people (from American's) is nothing compared... is only a glimpse of how quickly people will turn against you.

I think that along with the physical pains, that false accusations and attacks against ones character will also be an intense burden. If Jesus suffered it his people will also suffer it, as much as he knows they can bear.

That sounds like a summary of what I think anyway. I know we're supposed to be prepared but at the same time not worry about it/be fearful about it. So I pray day to day that I'll be prepared to stand for and represent Jesus no matter what the circumstance.
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 10:05 pm

Lee wrote:
Just how bad do you think it will be during the time of trouble and affect do you think it will have on other non-SDA Christians and non-Christians in general?

I have a couple ideas. You're gonna have to use your imagination.

1. We run out of gas. No more semi's moving food to the grocery stores, no more running to town and grabbing something to eat, within a week no more food at all except whan you have on hand.

2. Electricity is mostly dependent on petroleum fuels, so no more power. That means for the people out in the country who are pretty much independent that water is now a huge concern because wells don't work anymore unless you have a spring or some kind of hand-pump.

3. Telephones are dead because no power. No internet, no phones, no cells. No computers, no internet, no communication.

Within weeks there would be huge amounts of death and probably cannibalizm in the major cities, which would start to spread disease and pestilence. As the people start to abandon the cities within a few weeks/months they would spread the disease out into the country.

Large metropolitan areas like NY, Tokyo, Bangalore, DC, LA/SanFran would be ghost towns within weeks as the incredibly high population per square mile died off rapidly with no food or power. There's 6+ billion people in asia and the vast majority of them are in just a handful of major cities. I think that within 2-3 months as many as 4-5 billion of them would be dead and the mess that makes would be incredible, I think that large of a rotting mess would probably affect the atmosphere (methane is 50 times as warming as CO2) and start an even larger problem.

Within a year the population of Earth could be at a 10th to 100th of it's current size. Just because we run out of oil.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 10:17 pm

I agree with something like Jig's 1 2 & 3 happening.... I imagine that the economy has to have some kind of total crash to make everyone so totally dependant on the government.... possibly having something to do with the no buying or selling w/o a "card".

Except there does have to be some form of communication for the 'Pope' to speak to his audience.
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptySat Dec 23, 2006 10:38 pm

We know our money will be useless, but people have always guessed that it will be because the government will be persecuting us and trying to control us. But what if the government is almost powerless because there's no phones, TV's, gas, diesel, power, food, etc.

No laws anymore, just people trying to survive. Money is no good because it's you can't eat it and it doesn't burn good enough for heat. So yeah, we'd be hunted, but not because the gevernment wanted us dead, but because for some reason we're not skinny and starving and dying of disease like everyone else so they're trying to kill us and take what they think we have.

That's just one of many scenarios and it doesn't even take natural disasters and weather and the like into account. I think there will be an almost total breakdown of society because this is supposed to be worse then anything that has ever happened, and right now if you take away electricity and petroleum products that would happen within weeks at the most.

There's never been a complete world breakdown before, but if everyone runs out of oil, or even if a major producer (the middle east) does it would break the world in lots of tiny little pieces societally speaking. The places with oil have focused totally on that because of the tremendous income so they would have no food production capabilities, and the places with food would have no petroleum to run tractors and semi's to move the food to the people.

Fun, fun, fun....
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble EmptyWed Dec 27, 2006 1:30 am

But the Amish would be ok... ya know? Seriously folks, let's reread GC and we can know the rest of the story. The world doesn't run out of oil, or electricity or food. There are numerous natural disasters that will cause a large amount of people dying. They may interrupt the economy and things will get snarky, but he gov. and the one world religion will step in to make everything all better. Those who have spent a lot of money buying food to store it will lose it, becuase in the event of a national emergency all the places that sell that kind of stuff BY LAW have to turn over their records. (thank you Ronald Reagon.... Evil or Very Mad ) So the gov will know where the food is and send in the Natl. gaurd to get it.

So that will leave the Amish and the SDA's that followed the counsel. Will people be hungry, yep I think so. Those who accept the mark of the beast won't be though... otherwise why would they be suffering like God's people? The plagues will fall and there will be more sickness, but it will be scattered and people won't see it for what it is.... God's wrath being poured out.

There will be electricity b/c we are told that when the plague falls that is the darkness one that light won't be able to penetrate it, but that plague will be a blessing for those who are hiding in the caves and mountains b/c the heatseeking or infr-red equipment won' t be able to find them.

sounds kind of bad, yep, kind of rough there for a while. But we are told that thogh there be a night of weeping, joy will come in the morning, and they that endure to the end shall be saved........

Have all your sins been passed under the blood of Jesus?..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time of trouble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time of trouble   Time of trouble Empty

Back to top Go down

Time of trouble
Page 1 of 1