The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs Empty
PostSubject: Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs   Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 10:42 am

Meatless Loaf...(great with creamy white sauce potatoes)

1 bag Morningstar Goud Meatless Crumbles
1 carton Morningstar Scramblers egg substitute (or 2 eggs lightly whisked)
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1/2 cup Plain bread crumbs
1/2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup diced onions
1/2 cup diced celery (optional, i don't think it tastes good in it and don't put it in anymore)
1/4 cup Ketchup
3/4 cup BBQ sauce (or ketchup, whatever you like) for the top

In large mixing bowl, combine morningstar crumbles (after being warmed in a sauce pan for a few minutes), morningstar scramblers egg substitute(or eggs), parsley, italian seasoning, bread crumbs and 1/4 cup ketchup.

Saute onions and celery(optional) in veggie oil. Add to crumbles mixture. Mix thoroughly ad press into loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with foil.

Bake at 350 for about 45min. Remove foil and spread BBQ sauce (or ketchup) over the top and place back in the oven for 15min.

Alternative recipe....

Meatless meatballs w/ special sauce...

Prepare Meatless Loaf but instead of putting it in a loaf pan, roll into balls (very messy) and place in large skillet with warm oil in it.
Cook fr a few minutes, turning ones or twice...

In a seperate sauce pan combine Chili Sauce, juice from 1/2 a lemon, 1/2 cup grape jelly(weird right? but trust me, it just makes the sauce sweet), sprinkle of brown sugar. Warm til it bubbles...

Pour sauce over meatballs and turn them to coat. Allow to warm to bubbling again.

Serve on Sub rolls with Pepper Jack cheese.

These are unbeliveable! I made them for Bran and i last night and he ended going back for seconds. They were SO good!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs   Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 1:35 pm

Thanks! I think I'm going to try the loaf for dinner tonight with mashed potatoes and gravy.... ummm bread crumbs.... do you have to have the hard kind from the store or can you just tear up some bread from a loaf??
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs   Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs EmptyFri Mar 16, 2007 6:06 pm

They HAVE to be 'crumbs.' VERY fine...almost a powder. Its like a few bucks a can (like the oatmeal type container) of the by Progresso. I use them all the time. I take the Morningstar chik'n strips, warm them, roll them in whisked eggs (or egg substitute) then roll them in the bread crumbs i have seasoned with Chili powder, seasoning salt and garlic salt. Then i cook them in a skillet...very good in tacos and burritos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs   Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs Empty

Back to top Go down

Meatless Loaf & Meatless Meatballs
Page 1 of 1