The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Must read before posting!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Must read before posting! Empty
PostSubject: Must read before posting!   Must read before posting! EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 8:44 am

Welcome to the new section that I have setup for topics that can be debated apon. If you wish to create a poll then place it in here, and we all can discuss the information as it becomes available.

Everyone is welcomed to post, but please understand if you do, then you are opening up to receive comments that might disagree with your stance. So long as the discussion remains about the topic being discussed, and not just a personal attack, then all topics will be allowed to continue. If a topic turns off subject or into a personal attack, the topic will be locked down without further discussion on the matter.

Otherwise please enjoy the new section, now lets get it on!

Vador
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Must read before posting! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Must read before posting!   Must read before posting! EmptyThu Jan 04, 2007 10:15 am

To further reiterate the Admin's debate guidelines:

The debate section, and the entire forum, was set up as a way for us to voice our thoughts, opinions, beliefs on subjects. Under the debate topics there are lots of differing opinions - and there will continue to be.

I (as Moderator) cannot, and will not, restrict people from offering up differing opinions. As the Admin has stated, this is an arena for differing opinions and discussion. Whether you are quoted in a response post, or named by the responder is no different. I will ask, however, that responses be kept general enough that they can apply to all who might hold a specific opinion. This is not to say that you cannot quote a person or respond to them in any way - as long as you have information or research to back up your response.

I cannot, and will not, force everyone to comply with another's opinion. I will not edit or delete posts - unless they are clear attacks on another person. Doing so would mean that I feel everyone should side with me or the prevailing opinion, which is not true.

One thing to keep in mind though is that this is a discussion arena. There is no one on the other side of the computer who is wishing to hurt, condemn, or ridicule you (at least not that I know of Smile ). There is no reason that we should have to guard our words for every possible way that someone might interpret a statement.

Discussions will change at times. Sometimes they might feel personal. Sometimes you might feel like an outsider. But just as you might have an argument, discussion, or disagreement with a person on a face-to-face basis, your words will often be tossed back at you. You will often have to put further thought into what you may have said at an earlier date and then recant or emphasize why you feel/believe the way you do. The same is true in this forum.
Back to top Go down

Must read before posting!
Page 1 of 1