The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia

Go down 
+2
Lynelle
Brian
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia Empty
PostSubject: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 11:07 am

Since we all live in Virginia, I thought it was interesting to see what laws are still on the books of Virginia.

-Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

-There is a state law prohibiting "corrupt practices of bribery by any person other than candidates.

-You may not engage in business on Sundays, with the exception of almost every industry.

-If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.

-Driving while not wearing shoes is prohibited.

-Police radar detectors are illegal.

-Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.

-Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.

-It is illegal to tickle women.

-No animal may be hunted for on Sunday with the exception of raccoons, which may be hunted until 2:00 AM.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 12:00 pm

Other funny laws:

PA:
-It it illegal to sleep on top of a refrigerator outdoors.
-You may not catch a fish by any body part except the mouth.
-A special cleaning ordinance bans housewives from hiding dirt and dust under a rug in a dwelling.
-Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

Alabama:
-Boogers may not be flicked into the wind.
-You may not have an ice cream cone in your back pocket at any time.
-Putting salt on a railroad track may be punishable by death.

West Virginia:
-Whistling underwater is prohibited.
-It is illegal to snooze on a train.

Cali:
-No vehicle without a driver may exceed 60 miles per hour.

Michigan: Yeah for good laws!
-It is legal for a robber to file a law suit, if he or she got hurt in your house.
-You may not swear in front of women and children.

Florida:
-A special law prohibits unmarried women from parachuting on Sunday or she shall risk arrest, fine, and/or jailing.
-Having sexual relations with a porcupine is illegal.
-You may not fart in a public place after 6 P.
-It is considered an offense to shower naked.

New York:
-While riding in an elevator, one must talk to no one, and fold his hands while looking toward the door.
-Citizens may not greet each other by "putting one's thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers".

Texas:
-When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.
-A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.
-It is illegal to sell ones eye.

Idaho:
-Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
-You may not fish on a camel's back.

Alaska:
-It is considered an offense to push a live moose out of a moving airplane.

Wisconsin:
-State Law made it illegal to serve apple pie in public restaurants without cheese.
-Margarine may not be substituted for butter in restaurants unless it is requested by the customer.
-Tattooing is illegal unless it is done for medical purposes.

Ohio:
-It is illegal to get a fish drunk.
-It is illegal for more than five women to live in a house.

Just thought these were all pretty funny!
Back to top Go down
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 3:50 pm

Just thought these were all pretty funny!.... and some of them pretty darn stupid?

It gives me such a feeling of peace and safety to know that the booger flickers will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law......
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 8:52 pm

I think there's still a law on the books in VA that if you skip going to church on sunday you get a warning, second time you get a hand cut off, and third you get hanged. If you think that's rough wait till you hear what they'll do to you the fourth time.....
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyWed Nov 29, 2006 11:10 pm

This is just too confusing! Jig with Brian's picture and Brian with Jig's picture... and Anna with Linda's too! I can't take it anymore!!!
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyThu Nov 30, 2006 10:24 am

and my dad is in urs
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyThu Nov 30, 2006 10:56 am

He's not the star character though so it doesn't count
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyThu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 am

hes still there
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyFri Dec 01, 2006 7:35 am

I just saw this post...Brandon and i had a good laugh about the Moose out the Airplane one...that just hit us as funny. But they were all awesome, especially the booger one!

Got anymore Bri??
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyFri Dec 01, 2006 9:58 am

http://www.dumblaws.com/

thats where I found them all. There are alots of good ones!
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia EmptyFri Dec 01, 2006 11:28 am

Conn.

You can be stopped by the police for biking over 65 miles per hour.

In order for a pickle to officially be considered a pickle, it must bounce.

Kentucky

One may not dye a duckling blue and offer it for sale unless more than six are for sale at once.

It is illegal to fish with a bow and arrow in Kentucky Laughing

West VA

No children may attend school with their breath smelling of "wild onions. Suspect

Unmarried couple who live together and "lewdly associate" with one another may face up to a year in prison.

A person may be placed in jail for up to six months for making fun of someone who does not accept a challege. No

If you wear a hat inside a theater, you may be fined.

Roadkill may be taken home for supper. (i knew that one had to be in there)

Mississippi

If one is a parent to two illegitimate children, that person will go to jail for at least one month. scratch

It is illegal to teach others what polygamy is.

Wyoming

If one is drunk in a mine, he or she could land in jail for up to a year.

Junk dealers may not make any business transactions with drunk persons.

Using a firearm to fish is strictly forbidden. Shocked

Any person who fails to close a fence is subject to a fine of up to seven hundred and fifty dollars. (dang!)

It is illegal for women to stand within five feet of a bar while drinking. Suspect

You may not take a picture of a rabbit from January to April without an official permit. (why would they need this one?)

Colorado

It is illegal to ride a horse while under the influence.

Tags may be ripped off of pillows and mattresses. Laughing

Indiana (these are my favorites!)

Waitresses may not carry drinks into a restaurant or bar.

Hotel sheets must be exactly 99 inches long and 81 inches wide.

If any person has a puppet show, wire dancing or tumbling act in the state of Indiana and receives money for it, they will be fined $3 under the Act to Prevent Certain Immoral Practices.

Anyone 14 or older who profanely curses, damns or swears by the name of God, Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, shall be fined one to three dollars for each offense, with a maximum fine of ten dollars per day.

A person must get a referral from a licensed physician if he or she wishes to see a hypnotist unless the desired procedure is to quit smoking or lose weight.

Baths may not be taken between the months of October and March. affraid

A man over the age of 18 may be arrested for statutory rape if the passenger in his car is not wearing her socks and shoes, and is under the age of 17.

It is against the law to pass a horse on the street.

You can get out of paying for a dependent's medical care by praying for him/her. (SWEET!)

Smoking in the state legislature building is banned, except when the legislature is in session.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia   Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia Empty

Back to top Go down

Interesting Laws in the State of Virginia
Page 1 of 1