The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives Empty
PostSubject: Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives   Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 10:10 am

Ok, I absolutely LOVE this one:

Pasta (whatever type, calls for ziti, but I prefer spirals)
4-5 fresh tomatoes
4 cloves garlic
1 can olives
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. olive oil
Crushed red peppers, optional
1/2 block Feta cheese, optional
Parmesan cheese, optional

Cook pasta and set aside. Saute the garlic lightly in a little olive oil. Quarter the tomatoes. Then, over a strainer and bowl, scoop out the inside of the tomatoes, set the tomato "rinds" to the side - you will use them. Separate (or strain) the juice from the tomatoes into the bowl. Add the vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Dice the tomatoe rinds and toss into the bowl. Slice the olives and add to the mixture in the bowl. Add the pasta and feta cheese (it's good without the feta also). Lightly sprinkle some red pepper flakes, if desired. Garnish with parmesan.

Yummy!!!!
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives   Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 10:28 am

Sounds yummy Anna! Not that I'm the admin police or anything - but let's post the recipes under separate topics each time. It's easier to look over them that way. Smile
Back to top Go down

Pasta with Fresh Tomatoes and Olives
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: