The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

If you won/inheited a large sum of money....

Go down 
+4
Jesse
Ginnifer
Brian
Lynelle
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... Empty
PostSubject: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm

Just saw on the AOL news that some dad promised his kids that he would take them to Disney Land if he won some big prize.....

So my question is......

Whould you promise your kids something like that?

And if you have no kids..... how would winning a big pile of $ change your life?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 pm

First of all, what is thing you call $, and why would we want to win it?

I thought we were given everything we need and can handle?
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 1:47 pm

Brian wrote:
First of all, what is thing you call $, and why would we want to win it?

I thought we were given everything we need and can handle?

Oh Brian...... Banghead
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 2:11 pm

Lets see... I'd buy a very large amount of land somewhere near the Mountains. With the land I would have built by Hans (he owes me), three very large buildings. I would first have a large SDA Church built, no explanation needed there.

Then I would have a several large barns built to support the farm that would house animals and grow food for everyone.

Last I would have a very nice retirement center built, but not just any retirement center, it would be intergrated with an orphanage. The retirement center would be free to those the couldn't afford it, and very cheap for those that could accord it. The money would be used to help support the orphans.

Once might ask why a retirement center/orphanage, well I feel that most older people love little kids, they don't want to care for them, but love to just spend time with them. I feel this would help in the moral of the elderly. The farn would be there to not only supply food, but farm animals are also loved by the elderly. Also with the farm everyone can have their own garden plot.

I'd also buy all the Land around the lamma people and give it to my DMIL. Then I'd buy her so many goats she will have to keep Tyler at home forever just so she could have help taking care of them.

Then depending on how large my earnings were, I'd pay off all family debt including their houses. Well except for Gup and Jess, I wouldn't need to pay off theirs cause by then Jess will be the Queen of H&G and will be richer then the rest of us.

With anything left, I'd pay to have the 700 foot wall blocking Mexico turned into an electric fence, and I'd put all the warning signs in English!

Oh I'd also get a few more Grandkittens!
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 8:30 pm

I'd love to be as noble as Bri.

Actually, though, Jared and I have discussed this before, so I have an answer.

First, I would not promise anything to my children. I think that would set their little minds into believing that it was for them and have them get inflated. I would probably take them on a trip, though, just because there is already so much natural beauty to explore in the world and Cadie has already informed me that when I go to the Carribean again to see the glowing things and swim with the whale sharks she just has to go too.

Second, (this is, of course, assuming we have already paid tithe and offering) I would pay off my home and be sure that my family (including my mother, even) had comfortable and stable places to live and reliable cars to drive. I would buy my father a house in the country because I think the peace and quiet would do him a world of good.

I would buy the dump so that NY couldn't put trash in our county and build a recreational center there to help get the kids in the county away from prostitution and drugs. This would include full-time employees (janitors, cafeteria service-persons, physical edu. instructors, lifeguards, etc.) for year round activities and a few licensed school counselors to help people deal with the pressures of life. I would also like for this place to have a heated indoor pool and offer several seasonal field trips throughout the year and vo-tech classes for adults that were not able to go to school. This would provide a large job source for county residents and therefore hopefully alleviate a small bit of the budget problem currently facing the county and attract future residents (who would move into the houses that I build and sell, since the county doesn't seem to want to grow anyway).

I would start Jared's Bio plant and turn Cumberland into a soybean producing superpower, stabilizing the soil for miles around and providing a rich soil ideal for growing.

I would establish a healthy-as-possible farmer's market based out of my 20,000 square foot or so indoor greenhouse.

I would start college funds for my kids (just in case), available to them upon completion of school if they maintain a pre-set GPA and solid Christian ideals, as well as a part-time job.

Cadie Linden and I would start a small company selling pottery (since we wouldn't have to work, really) and that way the girls could have the experience of caring for a place of buisness and learning the importance of working with their hands.

And, last but not least (though I prolly wouldn't have run out yet), I will start drilling wells in small villages in Africa, because I think that's such a romantic idea and I still feel warm inside thinking about how helpful it could be to them... this is all despite Jared's efforts to educate me towards the notion that all charities are cheaters with rich CEOs and fat people for their spokespersons, and who really don't give all that much to the starving children.

And I'll take time out, once my children are old enough, to visit other countries and minister to the needy (again, because I won't need to support myself).
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 9:03 pm

Brian wrote:
I'd pay off all family debt including their houses. Well except for Gup and Jess, I wouldn't need to pay off theirs cause by then Jess will be the Queen of H&G and will be richer then the rest of us.

That's the plan anyway! Since we're saving you $$ by not having any debt for you to pay off and while you're in the giving mood... you can send us on a vacation or something! sunny

I think I would move to a huge, self supporting plot of land out in "you know where"... I mean you have to have loads of money to live out there anyway right!

I'll have to dream later... Gavin wants to use the computer... don't worry it's not to type anything on here I'm sure it's for his game.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 6:24 am

I'd take care of tithe and offering first, but thats a duh...

I would then pay off all our families debts.

I would buy a huge plat of land far far away(probably the mountains) and build as many houses for as many of our family members as wants to live there. Together as a community we would work the land and be self supporting(this seems to be the wish of everyone).

OR

I would move to Mexico and be an illegal immigrant tongue . But seriously...i would move there in a heartbeat, probably to one of the large mountain ranges they have there.

Other than that...my dream would have come true when i paid off all family debts...so anything after that would be icing on the cake Very Happy

Oh, and i'd buy Brandon any classic vehicles he wanted...figure hes gotta do something to keep busy after not having to work anymore bounce
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 9:50 am

Okay so dreaming continued...

I would like to start some sort of business or company. Some way to give other people a good, fun job. And something where I would have lots of busy work involving spreadsheets and numbers.

Oh and I'd have to own several bed and breakfasts.... I would hire someone else to be the innkeeper but I would get to do all the shopping, decorating, menu plannning... what fun!

And I think we would have to travel somewhere out of the country at least once every 8 weeks. Somewhere warm and exotic.

I would only have one home though. I know lots of rich people have 3 or 4 homes... that's just too much trouble for me.... one home is enough... ooooo I could space the bed and breakfast's out around the country though so I'd always have somewhere to stay while traveling.

I would help family with debt of course... but probably only once... after that I would hire them if they wanted more money. But of course they would have to work like everyone else. No free loaders... you can be fired. I'm like the Trumpster.

And we would have every Christmas at some huge resort all together and there would alway be a staff that made our dinner for us!!

Okay that's all I have time for right now.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 10:22 am

Oh, i forgot...i would buy a castle over in Scotland and probably end up staying there quite often...if not living there...cause thats my dream place to be I love you
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 10:25 am

Bethie wrote:
I would move to Mexico and be an illegal immigrant tongue . But seriously...i would move there in a heartbeat,

Bethie wrote:
i would buy a castle over in Scotland and probably end up staying there quite often...if not living there

So where is it going to be... i'm confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 10:37 am

Both...i'm rich, remember? I can live in Mexico one month, then Scotland the next.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 11:03 am

If I had that much money...

I would pay off all debt, find a piece of land that is remote, but is still able to have a VPN desktop. That way Jason could still work freelance if he chose to. Then I would build us a house that had a workshop complete with all the greatest woodworking tools so that Jason could spend his days making everyone furniture. The house would be completely self sufficiant, with solar power and spring fed.The kitchen in the house would also be awesome Smile

I would make sure everyone in my family had no debt as well. I would make sure we were all within at least 2 hours of each other but not living next to each other. Since that kind of reminds me of the movie the Village...

Jason and I would donate a year of our time and money and go build/set up orphanages and wellness centers in Central America and Africa.
Here in the USA we would do the same, hiring Hartland Students at all of the places.. ;-) But paying them what normal people make so that they could actually make a living. The Schools/Orphanages/Wellness centers would also be completly self sufficiant. Selling excess produce/furniture/and other wares.

Since I wouldnt have to work, I would also have a some sort of animal rescue mission. And rescue animals these would be in conjunction with the school etc.

Thats all I can think of right now...
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 2:21 pm

Of course Anna and I would have great houses .... we spent so much time designing them for others on the Sims. lol!
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyTue Oct 31, 2006 5:32 pm

Ok I know i havent posted anything normal in a while so here I go....

If i had a whole bunch of money first thing i would do would be to pay off my families debts i reckon..
Then i would buy a ski resort somewhere and start a line of snowboards that are better than burton..

i really dont have as much sympathy for the African people as u guys do having been there. The only reason they are so poor is that they are too blasted lazy to get off their own butts.....And do something..

I would then like to go to sword fenicing school..

O and there are countless toys that i could buy..

But i would prolly start a business so that i could make even more money..
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 8:16 pm

I would buy Jamaica and kick all the Jamaicans out. Then I'd turn it into the largest producer of biodiesel in the world. I wouldn't give any of the money to Africa. Then I'd do the same thing with Cuba since it's not not all polluted like the US and other "modernized" countries seem to be. Heck, you could run Cuba and Jamaica off of solar power alone, it's not like they use heat or AC there. They dont' need the heat, and most of us have smelled them enough to know that they don't use the AC :-)

Down with the man! afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If you won/inheited a large sum of money....   If you won/inheited a large sum of money.... Empty

Back to top Go down

If you won/inheited a large sum of money....
Page 1 of 1