The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DON'T FORGET!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptySat Oct 28, 2006 8:00 pm

DON'T FORGET ABOUT TURNING YOUR CLOCKS BACK ONE HOUR TONIGHT!!!!!!

Dang...now i sound like my mom. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 10:47 am

And I heard on the news this morning that they have extended the stupid daylight savings time by a month starting next year. We'll be springing forward 3 weeks earlier (so in March) and falling back 1 week later (so the first weekend in November).

It's a plot of the candy making companies to have daylight during tricker treating so more people will participate and then they will sell more candy!!! No really! That's the truth!!
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 10:51 am

Jesse wrote:

It's a plot of the candy making companies to have daylight during tricker treating so more people will participate and then they will sell more candy!!! No really! That's the truth!!

Actually, it's so the school children don't have to stand in the dark at the bus stops in the mornings. But hey, I guess the candy companies will benefit also....maybe.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 11:00 am

Hey Brian.. the time is wrong on the forum!! Do you fix that? Is that one of the things we're paying you to take care of?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptySun Oct 29, 2006 11:00 am

Jesse wrote:
Hey Brian.. the time is wrong on the forum!! Do you fix that? Is that one of the things we're paying you to take care of?

You change it under your profile page....under preferences.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 8:49 am

I fixed the forum time, so now everyone should be on the right time.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Rep. Fred Upton, R.-Mich., and Rep. Ed Markey, D-Mass., proposed the daylight-saving shift as an amendment to the mammoth Energy Policy Act of 2005. The measure tops 1,700 pages and covers everything from nuclear power facilities to energy-efficient buildings. Both the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives signed off on it before heading off on their August recess.

Under the bill, Americans in the 48 states that currently observe daylight-saving time (Arizona and Hawaii don't) would move their clocks ahead by an hour starting on the second Sunday of March, rather than the first Sunday of April. They would set clocks back an hour on the first Sunday of November, rather than the last Sunday of October. The changes would take effect beginning one year after the law's enactment or March 1, 2007, whichever date comes later.

The four-week extension could save the equivalent of 100,000 barrels of oil per day in energy use, the House Energy and Commerce committee claims.

The bill charges the Department of Energy with evaluating the precise effects on energy use and gives Congress the option of reverting to the 2005 daylight-saving time schedule after the study is complete.

The government's reasoning behind daylight saving time is that people will use less electricity for lighting if they have extra daylight later in the evening. The practice first took hold during World Wars I and II but quickly became optional for individual states during peacetime. Only with the Uniform Time Act of 1966 did the government establish a single time-change pattern for the whole country. Before this year's bill, that pattern had not changed since 1987.

Full article: (http://news.com.com/Daylight+saving+change+could+confuse+gadgets/2100-1041_3-5823792.html)
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2006 4:14 pm

I have a better idea that would save billions.... make everyone turn off all electricity between the hors of 8:30 p/m and 6 a/m..........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DON'T FORGET! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DON'T FORGET!   DON'T FORGET! Empty

Back to top Go down

DON'T FORGET!
Page 1 of 1