The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rather odd.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 7:10 am

Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 9:50 am

Yes very.... I wonder why it is only happening to people from Japan though.....
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 10:01 am

My thoughts exactly. Are they the only ones with absurdly high expectations?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 10:06 am

I found it slightly odd, but understandable. As for wondering why Jess, they said basicly why at the bottom of the article.

"In Japanese shops, the customer is king, whereas here assistants hardly look at them ... People using public transport all look stern, and handbag snatchers increase the ill feeling."

A Japanese woman, Aimi, told the paper:

"For us, Paris is a dream city. All the French are beautiful and elegant ... And then, when they arrive, the Japanese find the French character is the complete opposite of their own."

First off they have a very high expectation of what life is like in Paris. Then on top of that its not how they are used to being treated. Its a complete shock their system and way of thinking.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 10:08 am

Brian wrote:
First off they have a very high expectation of what life is like in Paris. Then on top of that its not how they are used to being treated. Its a complete shock their system and way of thinking.

Further proof, I suppose, of how callous, uncaring, and insensitive the majority of the world seems to be. I wonder what they think of places such as DC, Vegas, and San Francisco?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 11:12 am

Paris: Dubbed "the City of Light" (la Ville Lumière) since the 19th century, Paris is regarded by some as one of the most romantic cities in the world. It is also the most visited city in the world, with more than 30 million visitors per year.

With a title and discription like this, one would expect it to be a very nice place to visit! Last time I checked DC wasn't regareded as very romantic, unless you like to music played on 5 gallon buckets.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... EmptyTue Oct 24, 2006 12:37 pm

I'm thinking that the Japenese that are suffering from "Paris Syndrome" were already a few fish short of a full sushi anyway. Look at the numbers since 2004. I think that their phycosis was already firmly entrenched b/f they hit the "City of Lights."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rather odd..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rather odd.....   Rather odd..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Rather odd.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: