The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apple Trivia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Apple Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Apple Trivia   Apple Trivia EmptyFri Oct 13, 2006 3:58 pm

I was doing some research online for an apple trivia game that I'm playing at a party this weekend. Here are some apple facts:

An Apple A Day…

Apples are about 85% water and contain a variety of essential minerals and vitamins. They’re about 12% natural sugar or fructose, a water-soluble sugar found in all ripe fruit. Because of the solubility of fructose, the body does not have to convert it into sugar before use, therefore, making apples a source of instant energy.

Apples are a high source of pectin, a soluble fiber that can absorb more water than any other bulking agent and help clean the digestive system. Eating an apple also cleans the

teeth and massages the gums, removing more bacteria than two, three-minute brushings followed by a gargle.

Scientists have proven that apple eaters have fewer headaches, intestinal disorders, colds, respiratory problems and illness associated with the nervous system.

I'm glad that I like apples!
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Apple Trivia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple Trivia   Apple Trivia EmptySun Oct 15, 2006 12:02 am

And I learned something about apples today... do NOT buy any apples from China.... they are heavily GMO'd.
Back to top Go down

Apple Trivia
Page 1 of 1