The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What if...

Go down 
+5
Jesse
Anna
Amanda
Bethie
Lynelle
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

What if... Empty
PostSubject: What if...   What if... EmptyWed Aug 23, 2006 11:25 pm

I love the fact that we all can communicate with each other so often. I am going to post a "thought" question to kind of steer us away from how much food we eat, belly buttons and Jesse's freaky avatar (but truthfully Beth and Brans disturb me deeply lol! )

So the question is:

If you could have just one talent or gift or ability, what would it be and why do you want it?
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 6:54 am

Talent or gift...hm... I would like to have the gift of healing, but not like being a doctor, i mean like in the Bible. I know thats far fetched...but can you imagine...laying your hand on someone that has had an affliction for years, maybe even their whole life and suddenly making it better? I don't think anything could compare to how that would feel.

Bethie I love you
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 7:08 am

Hmm.....first thought - I would love to have the talent to sing. Not so that I could make money at it (although that would be a nice side effect), but so that I could make more than a "joyous noise."

On further reflection, I would say understanding and patience (I know, I know, you said ONE). Too many times I tend to focus on a narrow field....I would like to be able to see the other sides of the situations as well. And honestly, I think the patience would be needed to do so. Very Happy

Aj
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 9:36 am

hmmm must run in the family. Because mine would to be able to sing also. Part of me wants to be able to do it well (a small part) to bring glory to GOD and to lift other peoples hearts and thoughts to HIM. But the other part (which is signifigantly bigger) just wants to impress people!

I love to sing, my favs. are the old hymns and southern gospel. No matter what kind of a lousy day that I am having, if I sing themn my mood improves. Now I don't think that others do when they have to listen to me....I sing because I"m happy, I sing because I'm free......

AJ, you DO have the gift of patience... if you learn to look at every situation that aggravates you as an oppertunity from the LORD to choose to be patient, surrendering your will, then patience will indeed have her perfect work. That focus thing you got from your dad, I have NEVER been guilty of it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 9:50 am

Lynelle wrote:

AJ, you DO have the gift of patience... if you learn to look at every situation that aggravates you as an oppertunity from the LORD to choose to be patient, surrendering your will, then patience will indeed have her perfect work. That focus thing you got from your dad, I have NEVER been guilty of it! Very Happy

That's actually something I've been working on lately - never seem to "conquer" or "master" it though. As always, I'm a work in progress. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 10:02 am

I too would like to be more patient with other people. I would like to have more longsuffering when it came to my MIL......And the singing thing must def. run in the family. Because I would love to be able to sing......

Anna
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 10:05 am

What are our choices again to choose from for the talents??

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 3:06 pm

You can choose anything Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 4:01 pm

I didn't have a list, it could be anything, doesn't even have to make sense..just what have you always wanted to do or be?

unknell
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 4:02 pm

woohoo I have broken the glass ceiling, happy hamster dance...(sounds better than happy guinea pig dance)
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 4:05 pm

broken the glass ceiling... huh???

I have always wanted to be able to fly... I know Gavin has always wanted to have the "force".

Really though... ummm.... I can't think right now.... I'll have to get back to you on that one...
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2006-08-23

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 6:45 pm

[quote="Jesse"]broken the glass ceiling... huh???

I have always wanted to be able to fly... I know Gavin has always wanted to have the "force".
That of course makes me sound like the king of geeks. so im going to choose flying also. and maybe singing as im flying......while using the force.[quote="Jesse"]broken the glass ceiling... huh???

That of course makes me sound like the king of geeks. so im going to choose flying also. and maybe singing as im flying......while using the force.
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 6:47 pm

you know....the whole quote option still eludes me.
Back to top Go down
Luanne
nOOb
nOOb
Luanne

Female Number of posts : 36

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 7:37 pm

Well..... I would love to have the talent to balance my check book. lol
I would like to be able to draw or paint, not like from pictures but from things I could see in my mind. Since I can't draw a straight line with a ruler and ususally forget what I was thinking this is far fetched for me to do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowspringsllc.com
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 1:50 am

I would love to have the ability to snap my fingers and have my house clean itself. If anyone locates a place where I can purchase this talent, I've got Jiggery's checkbook ready!!!!

I'd also like to be good at everything I try....

Basically, as you can see, I just want everything to be easy and requiring minimal effort. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Brandon
nOOb
nOOb
Brandon

Male Number of posts : 40

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 6:10 am

Well I would like to be able to teach people not like in school but "real" things life changing things as I work in construction I am not working with people that have had good privleged lives so really these are bottom of the barrel scrapings I see everyday I just wish that I could pull them outside their lives and show it to them and how it so easily it could be better....and flying would be cool but no I dont want the "force" What a Face though thats umm Neat of you Gavin wanna borrow the Star wars movies again? and its better then wanting to be a ewok I guess or a wookie well later all.....Adios

Brandon Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bethie

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 6:20 am

Wow, this family sure does want a lot!
Some want to sing, some want to heal, some want to teach...and umm...then theres Gavin What a Face
But i'm with Ginny...i want what Mary Poppins had...the ability to snap her fingers and the house cleaned itself. WOW That would be awesome! Then i'd have more time to post on here!! affraid

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:15 am

Geez. How noble of you, Bran.... ::busy padding her pockets with the money she makes from cleaning 700 houses a day in 1 second flat::
Back to top Go down
Bethie

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:17 am

HAHA Ginny...Yes, he only said that to make you guys think he's nice er sumthin...which hes not Evil or Very Mad

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:21 am

okay I'm laughing about all the fun that's being made of me saying Gavin wanted the "force".... so before he gets on here and reads it and gives me an evil look I'll try to clarify..... he wants to be able to do the thing where you put your hand out and something across the table slides over to you..... you know what I mean right?? I guess it's a not wanting to get off your butt thing Very Happy

I thought of what I would really like... I don't know if it's a talent or not... but my biggest character struggle is dealing with people that ALWAYS think they are right..... does anyone else have this problem.... I think I get it from my mom... that kind of thing just really urkes me....

So actually I guess it's party of "self"... so is there a talent to overcome "self"????
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:24 am

Jesse wrote:
okay I'm laughing about all the fun that's being made of me saying Gavin wanted the "force".... so before he gets on here and reads it and gives me an evil look I'll try to clarify..... he wants to be able to do the thing where you put your hand out and something across the table slides over to you..... you know what I mean right?? I guess it's a not wanting to get off your butt thing Very Happy

I thought of what I would really like... I don't know if it's a talent or not... but my biggest character struggle is dealing with people that ALWAYS think they are right..... does anyone else have this problem.... I think I get it from my mom... that kind of thing just really urkes me....

So actually I guess it's party of "self"... so is there a talent to overcome "self"????

Just spend more time with Jared...you will either overcome this area, or be put into a prison where you won't have to make your own decisions. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bethie

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:32 am

I have no idea what you are talking about, Jess... tongue

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:33 am

Jesse wrote:

I'm still a bit lost as to whether you are referring to YOURSELF as someone that thinks they're right all the time, or just your ability to deal with people like that? Who thinks they're right all the time? Jared admits he's wrong to me. I'm never wrong... but you and I get along well. lol! Kidding, of course.... (we fight constantly!) .... (Kidding again).
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 11:48 am

So maybe it's patience and forgiveness I need then too Shocked

Yeah the whole forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespasss against us thing.........

Just when you think you've peaked the last mountain right??? You find you're only at the top of the foothill known as the Cumberland Lanfill.... yes it's going to be a 350 foot high heap....maybe you'll be able to see us from space!

Who wouldn't want to buy our home!!
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... EmptyFri Aug 25, 2006 1:51 pm

Jesse wrote:

ok so we're all clear on the "force" thing I HAVE IN THE PAST DREAMT ABOUT IT like at night....i never said it was a wish........but hey lifting a soda can with your mind has to be a better talent then "helping others" tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What if... Empty
PostSubject: Re: What if...   What if... Empty

Back to top Go down

What if...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: