The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amandas Scones

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Amandas Scones Empty
PostSubject: Amandas Scones   Amandas Scones EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 12:45 pm

Amanda, i made your scones only i used whole wheat flour, and instead of 1/4 cup sugar, i used 1/4 cup craisins and then once i got the dough on the pan, i sprinkled it with Raw Sugar. Once they were done i put a little cream cheese on top and wow! They were awesome!
Next time i'm gonna try dried blueberries!
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

Amandas Scones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amandas Scones   Amandas Scones EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 12:59 pm

Bethie wrote:
Amanda, i made your scones only i used whole wheat flour, and instead of 1/4 cup sugar, i used 1/4 cup craisins and then once i got the dough on the pan, i sprinkled it with Raw Sugar. Once they were done i put a little cream cheese on top and wow! They were awesome!
Next time i'm gonna try dried blueberries!

Why attempt to make something that has that much butter in it healthy? confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

Amandas Scones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amandas Scones   Amandas Scones EmptyTue Sep 19, 2006 1:59 pm

I was attempting to make it healthIER... lol! Plus, i don't use butter, to expensive. I use something that supposedly tastes like butter but only costs like 50 cents for a pound er sumthin lol!
Plus, i wasn't REALLY trying to make it better for you, i only had whole wheat flour and i thought that if i could put choc chips in it, which i also didn't have, i could put the dried fruit. BTW, dried fruit has way more fat and sugar in it that choc chips...so in effect, i made it worse for you than the original recipe called for lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amandas Scones Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amandas Scones   Amandas Scones Empty

Back to top Go down

Amandas Scones
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: