The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Old People's Weddings

Go down 
+8
Jig
Loren
Amanda
Lynelle
Jesse
Bethie
Anna
Linda
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Linda
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Linda

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Old People's Weddings Empty
PostSubject: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptySun Sep 10, 2006 6:55 pm

It looks as tho we are getting married in Nov. & I'm going to need some lady type help right away. This is going to be very easy going but I hope as special as it can be on our budget of $25.00 (that's 5 birthday gifts!) Laughing Seriously, at this point we are very poor so I think we can do a potluck with all the families bringing a dish. We are planning to do this at Jared & Ginny's or Mom's (which would work better?) & have only the family there plus Delores & family. Even then that's quite a few. Rodney's folks, 2 brothers & their spouses & 1 nephew & hopefully Rodney's daughter & her family. Not much compared to ours but 11 more peeps. Total around 40. Any ideas? I was wanting all the little girls to wear the same dresses (from Walmart/Target if we can find them) & I'll give them flowers to toss about. The little boys can wear Sabbath stuff. I'd love to do this outside but it may be too cold. Decoration ideas anybody? Hopefully we can use the chairs from Patmos. And then there is my dress. You know I want to look like a princess Rolling Eyes
OK let the ideas begin.......
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptySun Sep 10, 2006 7:13 pm

I have a tiara you can borrow and mom has candlesticks ;-)
Back to top Go down
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 9:45 am

I think your ideas so far are wonderful. I don't see why we couldn't all pitch in and help. Like, maybe things like your flowers or something could be your Christmas present from someone, and your shoes a gift from someone else. I know i would be more than happy to help in any way. All you need do is tell me!
Mom, i would like to offer to pay for your flowers...It would be our Christmas gift to you and Rodney. Do you think you could keep it under $75? And i don't just mean the ones for you, i mean for decorations and the girls and whatnot. I don't know if you can do the flowers on a budget that low, but atleast the 75 would go to help. When you need the money, just let me know, but please let us do atleast this for you Very Happy
I would also be happy to do any kind of foods or desserts for the meal.

Beth

Last edited by on Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 9:55 am

PS...mom....i would be happy to do your jewelry free of charge, of course. Sorry, that was an afterthought...duh!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 9:58 am

::wondering:: Was the Patmos chair thing a joke? Very Happy

Who is going to perform the cerimony?... I have a suspect in mind but wondered if you had already thought of that.

And also, please name the date as soon as you can so I can clear my schedule!!!

If it's going to be too cold for an outsider wedding woud you want to do it at Patmos?? Or would that be too yuck? (I can help decorate it real nice.) It seats 72 so your crowd would fit. Then the meal could be at Jared & Ginny's afterward.

Stop me or I'll keep throwing more crazy ideas at you!!

Hey and you don't have to worry about hiring any photographers b/c there are 3 dozen of us in the family!
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 10:37 am

Um, Brandon just pointed this out to me...The jewelry party is the 5th of November and we will be leaving for vacation on the 19th to the 26th (thats Sunday to Sunday). But i would recommend not worrying about what everyone else is doing...pick the date thats right for you and Rodney. I figure it will probably be on a Sunday, right? So it would either be the day we leave for vacation or the day we come back if you picked either of those days...but if you do, don't worry about it, we WILL be there...no matter what Very Happy We love you guys and will be there to support you bounce
Oh, and Brandon said, if you guys need him for anything for the wedding, he would be more than happy to do whatever... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Hmmm have you considered crepe paper? It drapes just beautifully and if we use different colors we could make the flowers out of it and forego the florist....Now doesn't that sound festive and cheap?

I just LOVE those white and silver crepe bells that you can get. We could get some plastic tablecloths from "If it's Paper" to match. Let me know, cause I am going there tomorrow to get some stuff for FC.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 2:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 2:42 pm

Oh and Geeg, if you could please have your wedding between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon and only on days that is nice and sunny okay? Because we have to travel soo far and only like driving when its nice..oh and Novembers not working for us, perhaps next May? I think that will work, as long as its the third weekend in May....Oh I know its your day and all so please do whatever you like..I'm just saying....

Sorry couldnt resist...
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Anna wrote:
Oh and Geeg, if you could please have your wedding between the hours of 1 and 3 in the afternoon and only on days that is nice and sunny okay? Because we have to travel soo far and only like driving when its nice..oh and Novembers not working for us, perhaps next May? I think that will work, as long as its the third weekend in May....Oh I know its your day and all so please do whatever you like..I'm just saying....

Sorry couldnt resist...

Thanks for the laugh. Actually, the hours preceeding 1 and 3 are high traffic hours. Could we please have it between 2 and 4 am? That would really work better. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 3:02 pm

should I dare suggest that we have it here??....... lol!
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 3:27 pm

Dress Idea

Old People's Weddings Redbridalbj8.th

I typed in Second Wedding Dresses and this is what google came up with...
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 3:41 pm

Anna wrote:
Dress Idea

Old People's Weddings Redbridalbj8.th

I typed in Second Wedding Dresses and this is what google came up with...

That could work...she looks like a princess. Wink
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 3:45 pm

Thats what she wanted...
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 6:23 pm

Sorry that dress doesn't work for me & oh by the way that's a man! affraid
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 7:07 pm

You can check out this webpage...

Idotaketwo.com
Back to top Go down
Loren
nOOb
nOOb

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 10:27 pm

Linda,
I'm in for my 5.00$ And since I'm your only brother I will take it one step farther. For your special day, there is nothing that would make me and wisser any happier than passing Clyde on to you. Nothing I repeat nothing compares to coming home to the delightful sounds of YOUR little green friend. IT will indeed be a sad day for us. But with time and knowing that you will take care of him we are willing to part with him.

ps: Try to keep this between us. If the rest of the fam finds out I'll have to get rid of the parkeets also. I was trying to keep them till the oct. b-days.

Loren
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyMon Sep 11, 2006 11:54 pm

Linda wrote:
Sorry that dress doesn't work for me & oh by the way that's a man! affraid

I thought that picture looked scary for some reason
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyTue Sep 12, 2006 8:16 am

Loren,
I'd love to have Clyde as long as you all will be the first dinner guests we have here. "suprise stew" is on the menu...... Did you see the movie Fried Green Tomatoes?
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyTue Sep 12, 2006 8:18 pm

It's too bad Sophie and Savannah didn't live to see this, ::sniff:: I know mom would have wanted *all* of her children to be there at her wedding.... The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away....

-Jig
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyWed Sep 13, 2006 12:42 am

Surprise Stew?

Is *THAT* what you did to Sophie and Savannah?
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyWed Sep 13, 2006 1:05 am

Ginnifer wrote:
Surprise Stew?

Is *THAT* what you did to Sophie and Savannah?

And then tried to pin it on her son! The nerve of some people!

Really tho, that was good barbecue.
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyWed Sep 13, 2006 1:54 pm

pass me another set of them ribs! tongue
Back to top Go down
Luanne
nOOb
nOOb
Luanne

Female Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyThu Sep 14, 2006 8:04 pm

I am a little confused here................wedding date?????some say none, still negotiating, some say nov 12..........those of us out of the loop would either like to know what is really going on or just to be told not to worry, if we want to include we will let you know. I am sure Rodney's side of the family (parents) know what is going on and if they do not what the heck is going on here?
Back to top Go down
http://www.willowspringsllc.com
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings EmptyThu Sep 14, 2006 9:25 pm

We decided definetly on Wed. night that we are doing this Nov. 12. Rodney just told his parents tonight (Thurs.). It will probably be early afternoon & family only @ Jared's. Hopefully the weather will be nice. Mom & Dad already know but we are doing a potluck dinner too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old People's Weddings   Old People's Weddings Empty

Back to top Go down

Old People's Weddings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: