The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Surprising

Go down 
+2
Jesse
Amanda
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 am

So, on Tuesday, the weather was especially horrid around here. It was POURING, which made the morning commute especially delightful. People were driving extremely slow, not staying in their lanes, and just making the trip to work quite stressful. Once I got to work, I decided to look at VDOT's website to see if I could find anything on road markings. I don't know if anyone has noticed, but in other states, the DOT's use highly reflective road markings, making it easy to see at night, in the rain, and in the fog. VA does not.

After perusing the VDOT website and finding nothing, I decided to send an email. To my surprise, I had a generic response to my questions, stating that someone would be contacting me, within about 45 minutes or so. Since I hear that type of response a lot in my line of work, I thought very little of it.

I was greatly surprised when about 2 hours (I think) later, I received a very long, detailed email from someone explaining why the highly reflective paint can't be used, the roadway markings make up, what is being done to make the markings more reflective, and on and on and on. I was also told, again, that my message was being forwarded to someone else - this time to the person responsible for the highway markings in my area. That was on Tuesday.

Today, I received an email from yet another person, stating that they are looking into the situation and asking me for the specific areas along I-66 where the markings are not clear.

I'm just amazed that an entity as large as VDOT has the time, or interest, to actually listen to what one driver has to say. I must say, I am impressed.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 10:21 am

It's all a goverment coverup!!!
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 10:46 am

Jesse wrote:

I second that!
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Why, oh dearest oldest daughter, do you find it odd that VDOT would have the time to answer your email? They have all the time in the world to stand around and look at the jobs they are doing.... maybe they have equiped some of those guys with laptops and they are the ones responding!
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 9:57 pm

Brian wrote:
Jesse wrote:

I second that!

So you *do* know something!!?
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyThu Sep 07, 2006 11:59 pm

She does know something........... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyFri Sep 08, 2006 8:30 am

Lynelle wrote:
Why, oh dearest oldest daughter, do you find it odd that VDOT would have the time to answer your email? They have all the time in the world to stand around and look at the jobs they are doing.... maybe they have equiped some of those guys with laptops and they are the ones responding!

Very true....I guess I forgot about that. Oddly, most of the VDOT workers I see around here are actually working.....they are playing on the tractors and blocking traffic. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising EmptyFri Sep 08, 2006 12:37 pm

That is odd, they should come and "work" for FC. Today I saw 1 man siting on his cooler and another kinda kicking grass off the road...., but you know, they do have to smell tar all day...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Surprising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Surprising   Surprising Empty

Back to top Go down

Surprising
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: