The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More my style :)

Go down 
+4
Lynelle
Bethie
Amanda
Anna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2006-08-22

More my style :) Empty
PostSubject: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 7:29 am

Guess I don't know my fairytales very well...only 7/10. Question though......did anyone else know how Cinderella's sisters managed to make the glass slipper fit? I really don't remember that being in the stories I read.

Also, what kind of vegetable is rapunzel?
Back to top Go down
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 7:37 am

I got 7/10 but i had never heard of the Bluebeard one and i have never read the Rupunzel one and i couldn't remember what Beautys father took from the beast...oh well.
But i did get the sisters cutting their feet off to make the slipper fit. That was grusome...which is why i remembered it pale

Of course in the Disney version, they just bent their feet in half to make it fit...guess they couldn't keep it original tongue

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 7:40 am

Yeah, that's what I remembered..the bending of the feet.........see, it's true! The real fairy tales are not for kids!
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 10:11 am

I got 9/10 the only one I didn't know was the Cinderella one. Rapunzel is actually a lettuce. And her father would have to drop over the side of the Wicked Fairy's wall in order to pick it for his wife. The only reason why I knew most of these is because the kids I babysit for their mom I guess does not believe in Disney FairyTales so we read all the originals Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 12:16 pm

8/10, but only b/c Anna and Bethie gave away two answers....
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 5:21 pm

7/10 right! woohoo im the man! hmm thats sort of sad really... Vador
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 6:38 pm

9/10. I missed Rapunzel.... But Cinderella was in the original version like that, and collected by the Grimms. Originally a German fairy tale, I believe, called Ashenputl (sp?)... but you're right, gruesome.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyFri Sep 01, 2006 11:25 am

7/10.... I have never seen the orginal Beauty & the Beast.... have no idea who Bluebeard is.... and EWWWW Cinderella's stepsisters cut off parts of their feet?? What kind of children's story is that??
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyFri Sep 01, 2006 11:27 am

Well the original Fairy Tales were not for children. Hence Bluebeards wife finding all the corpses of his other wives, Cinderella's sisters cutting off parts of their feet....
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) EmptyFri Sep 01, 2006 12:00 pm

8/10, but that's because I used to read stuff like that a lot and now I have a bunch of little princesses. The Bluebeard one is sooo nasty.

-Jig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More my style :)   More my style :) Empty

Back to top Go down

More my style :)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: