The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

YAY for whatever those things are called....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

YAY for whatever those things are called.... Empty
PostSubject: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptyFri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 am

You know the cards that go into the computer so that one doesn't have to suffer anymore with dial-up? Happy day I can see You Tube!
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptySun Jan 06, 2008 7:03 pm

Got wireless broadband, huh? Woohoo!!!!! Grats to you guys!
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptyMon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 am

Yep, broadband. It is So much better!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptySun Jan 13, 2008 6:05 pm

I was thinking about getting that.... the Verizon guy told me it's $60 a month... and it should reach between my house and Beth's so we could split the cost.....

Any opinions? What service do you have Lynelle?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptyMon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm

Opinion: Just about anything is better than dial-up.

As far as sharing with Beth and Bran - you'd have to have some sort of wireless network set up complete with a router that would be capable of spanning the distance.

Also, if something were to happen to the router at your house, then Bran and Beth would be out of luck unless you guys were home to reset the thing. Can be an iffy service if you are depending on someone else.

But that's just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptyFri Feb 08, 2008 2:59 pm

Found out we can't share it anyway.... (according to Verizon).

Did all the research and still not willing to spend the $$ yet either.

Who really needs You Tube anyway, right!?!
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 3:25 pm

LOL Verizon told us that it would be close to $100/month. We'll just wait for the losers to hurry up and give us internet access like they have less than 15 miles away at the courthouse. FIOS, wherefor art thou, FIOS?

Yes. It really is me. Bow to my greatness. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 1:25 pm

Ours is 50 a month... and like Aj said ANYTHING is better tha dial-up. I don't peruse youtube, but it's nice to be able to veiw tha links that people send us. I also like not having to tie up the phone line.....

Good to see you Gunny...., I would bow to your greatness but my thighs are screaming at me everytime I move. The kids and I played a jack in the box game and whoot.....I hurt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YAY for whatever those things are called....   YAY for whatever those things are called.... Empty

Back to top Go down

YAY for whatever those things are called....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: