The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover

Go down 
+4
Bethie
Anna
Amanda
Linda
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Linda

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 11:14 am

He isn't eating pork any longer & very little beef but I can't seem to find stuff that's "veggie" Rodney likes. Last night we had pintos & macaroni & cheese (his request) & he loved it but he didn't like grillers on pitas, hummus or the veggie meat balls. Any ideas? Oh yeah he is not thrilled with tomatoes & won't eat garlic he can taste. He also nixed my idea of cereal for dinner which I think is awesome, practical & about as much energy as I want to put into a meal I'm not even hungry for! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 11:29 am

Macaroni & Cheese always seems to be a favorite. Also, I make a "Beef" Stroganoff that Brian really likes. What about the Adventist staple of Special K or Cottage Cheese Loaf? Double-stuffed potatoes is a good one, too. Just some thoughts off the top of my head. I will think about it some more.
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 11:32 am

Jason really likes the Morningstar Steak thingys...I just make mashed pots. and garlic green beans and buries the steak thingys in mashed potatoes.....
Jason's hint is-if you put enough ketchup on it, it wont be so bad.
He also likes the Quorn Chicken substitutes. His fave's are the naked cutlets which he pours barbeque sauce on and wraps in foil and cooks them. They are good. He also likes them breaded in progresso bread crumbs with spag. sauce and pasta over them...
Back to top Go down
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 6:44 pm

Mom, if you take a bag of morningstar griller and any box of Old El Paso dinner kits...its tastes awesome...thats saying he likes mexican food....and even if he doesn't...it tastes just like taco bell...everyone likes taco bell!

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Anna
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 7:39 pm

Nuhuh, Jason says it tastes like mouse poo...now how he would know that I don't know..thats just what he said...
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Anna wrote:
Nuhuh, Jason says it tastes like mouse poo...now how he would know that I don't know..thats just what he said...
more like cat food atucally . but ooohh those double patato things are soooo good. Vador
Back to top Go down
Loren
nOOb
nOOb

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2006-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyTue Aug 29, 2006 9:33 pm

Linda, What about a little yard bird......
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 9:29 am

Too funny!!!!!!!!!!! Jester
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 5:44 pm

Maybe you could try shepherds pie w/ griller crumbles? It has enough other stuff in it that the meat taste isn't as noticable...
I think the thing you will have to do is go totally raw. That way when you sneak fake meat onto the plate, he'll be so glad it's not Brussel's sprouts, he'll eat anything!!

That's what worked with Linden. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover   Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for Mr. Meat Lover
Page 1 of 1