The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you think?

Go down 
+3
Lynelle
Bethie
Amanda
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

What do you think? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 11:21 am

On the bright side, i'm really getting up there in my Posts count! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 11:24 am

I think you let it go, cause you know I was just trying to be nice, nothing else.

Needless to say, this has been the most anyone has posted in months. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 11:25 am

By the way, Brandon just wants me to say that he just felt it was an inappropriate thing to say.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 11:26 am

Brian wrote:
I think you let it go, cause you know I was just trying to be nice, nothing else.

Needless to say, this has been the most anyone has posted in months. Smile

lol!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 12:52 pm

Bethie wrote:
But lets look at it this way, Jesse.
How would you feel if i said to Gavin "When did you get so smokin'?" How would it make you feel? Uncomfortable in any way? Even a just a little?

Not even a little. I think one factor is knowing the character person that's saying it. If I didn't know the person (and their attitude or character) I would be more threatened I suppose. At the same time though I trust my husband so it wouldn't be an issue. (Not to say that I trusted him less when that certain person was hanging all over him but that kind of behavior just isn't necessary.)

When I read what Brian wrote I knew that it was in jest and I thought it was nice & funny & cute. But I also knew right away that Bran wouldn't like it. Not b/c what Brian said was offensive but b/c Bran gets mad about stuff really quickly.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 12:54 pm

Brian wrote:
P.S. High five Jess, we found something we agree on... you go girl.

Hey wait a minute... we agree on "dirty" jokes too!!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Brian wrote:
Here is a twist.
If a person from the same gender give your spouce a nice comment about their looks would you still be offended or conserned?

WoW Gav, you have some nice looking legs there buddie.

Do you take it in the same way, or do you take it as a joke? If you take it as a joke, then why? If you think its because you know I'm not Gay and in no way would I ever do anything about it.
So what is different then If I said: WoW Jess, you have some nice looking legs.
You know I'm married and in no way would I ever do anything about it. SO I ask, does it make a different?

In my opinion I think alot of it falls on how well you know a person. I take comments alot different from a person that I don't know, then a person that is family or is a good friend.

Good topic so far BTW.

I'm responding as I read... so I think I just said the same thing that you did Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:04 pm

Bethie wrote:
Do you think its ok for a man/woman to comment about another man/womans LOOKS at all? Do you think Mrs. White would have said the same thing to another man? Given, times are certainly different, but does that really make it ok to do now?

You already said that y'all comment on people that you see on TV. Doesn't everyone??

Sinful thoughts can be had about celebs as well as people we know. It's probably just more threatening if it's someone that you actually have chance to talk to or meet.

Is commenting on someone's looks judging? Should we judge? Gavin and I see people on TV and we say "Wow she has a nice face" or "He's good looking, he'll be moving up in Hollywood soon" or "She looks like a stick bug!"

There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that someone is attractive. There are several men (and I think women) in the Bible that are described as being very handsome or beautiful to look upon. We all have eyes, we can't help but see.

If I lose the 20 lbs that I'd like to and get back into my wedding dress comfortably again I'd better hear some comments on how good I'm looking!!
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:16 pm

Were you planning on wearing you wedding dress somewhere? lol
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:24 pm

I just like to know that I can still fit into it.... ahh the good old days... the 3 months that I got to be skinny before getting pregnant.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:25 pm

I can still fit in mine, which is wierd since its -2 and now i'm a 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:31 pm

I still fit..... it's just umm.... I kind of pour out of the top of it... and I have to hold my breathe a little... it's just not as comfortable.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:34 pm

Why is this conversation making me think of the TV show "Friends"? Some how I can picture you two sitting on the porch in the rockers in your wedding dresses waiting Gid and Dunk playin.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 1:48 pm

Hey Beth want to do that one day?? We should wear big point crowns and wave at the neighbors going by too!
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 2:05 pm

Lol, heck, i'm in! I paid $1,200 for it, i should get SOME use outta it! Think Norma would call the cops? lol
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm

No but I think Jack's friends might ask what we're selling
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 2:10 pm

HAHAHA...that they would.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 2:26 pm

Ya know I have NO idea what Brian said, but to me, if you think that someone has nice legs, or whatever, just let it die on your lips. Just WHAT is the purpose of telling someone that you were looking closely enough at some part of their body that you have to compliment them on it?

Now no one has ever told me that I have nice legs and I guess that's becasue I keep them covered up. HOWEVER summer is coming and I will be able to forgo my nice warm, comfy thermals and I expect LOTS of compliments..........

But in the male leg department, Lee has everyone beat. So next time Bri, I will be listening for you to tell him!
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 4:21 pm

I said WHAT IF... what if, I don't go around saying things like that to guys.... WHAT IF

Oh and yeah, I have no idea what I said either, so if you figure it out let me know.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 05, 2007 5:21 pm

Brian wrote:
I said WHAT IF... what if, I don't go around saying things like that to guys.... WHAT IF

Oh and yeah, I have no idea what I said either, so if you figure it out let me know.

Oh sure Brian... nice backpedaling, nope, sorry, it's out there for all to see on your post.... you admire Gavins legs............
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 06, 2007 6:57 pm

you cant hardly help it i know. i do have nice legs...that would explain ill those hidden glances i get from Brian. its all becoming clear now.....
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 08, 2007 11:37 pm

Gee Brian.....first beth, now Gavin........when will this insanity end? Do we need an intervention?
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2007 8:46 am

Hey Lynelle, what are you protesting?? Where is your avatar?
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 1:08 pm

I kind of agree with Beth in that I would consider it rude if someone commented on my husband being "hot". This is mostly my own dealings and the fact that I have seen much unpleasantness come from the way certain people in my own family have chosen to speak to eachother.

Just for the record, though, I can never take anything seriously that gets said on the internet. Particularly not this site! Yeesh! Something about typing things just makes it seem so much bigger a deal than it is. After all. ..... is it not me in my underpants with a black widow across my chest? And I SO laughed at that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think?   What do you think? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Debate Topics {Defend your stance on the subject}-
Jump to: