The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cherry-O-Granola

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 7:30 am

I LOOOOOVE this granola! It took me a LONG time to find one all three of us like...i also like how customizable it is.

Cherry-O-Granola

3 cups Oats (quick cooking or whole, up to you)
2 cups Cherrios (any kind, i recommend the MultiGrain)
1 cup slivered almonds (or any kind of nuts, i used crushed walnuts)
1/4 cup ground Flaxseed
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/4 cup Apple Juice
1/4 cup Canola Oil (i have found that if you add more syrup and apple juice, that you don't have to use oil)
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2/3 cup dried fruit (any you like, but i prefer Craisins!!!)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.

2. Combine the Oats, Cheerios, Nuts, Flaxseed, and Cinnamon in a large bowl.

3. Whisk together the Maple Syrup, Apple Juice, Canola Oil, Brown SUgar, and Vanilla in a VERY large bowl. Stir oats gradually into the liquid mixture until well coated.

4. Spread the mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake until goldern brown, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.

5. When done, cool for about 10 minutes before adding the dried fruit.

6. Store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.

Now you can use this as trailmix and eat it like it is, you can have it as cereal (which is awesome!), or you can do what i have been doing. Buy some yogurt (i prefer Yoplait Fat Free strawberry banana, but only because i think the Silk yogurt tastes like chalk) and layer it in a glass with the granola and have delicious parfaits. I made these for dessert last night and breakfast this morning, and the boys raved about it!
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 8:23 am

Sounds really yummy... I'll try this one. I wish that Cherrios would make an organic cereal........
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 am

They do now, i believe. Thought i saw one in Walmart yesterday...maybe not. But you know, you could probably just use any kind of cereal like that that you like...
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 10:48 am

Yea, I was gonna say. I thought there were organic cheerios. At least, there is an alternative "off" brand of cheerios that is organic, but I've tasted them and they're not bad.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 10:51 am

Ginnifer wrote:
Yea, I was gonna say. I thought there were organic cheerios. At least, there is an alternative "off" brand of cheerios that is organic, but I've tasted them and they're not bad.

I tried the Kroger brand of organic cherrio's and I sure do wish that we had an emoticon that was retching. I want organic cherrios that taste like REAL cherrios..........oh well....
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 2:58 pm

Talk about retching... take my advise and never eat organic Raisen Bran..... where's that smiley at Brian??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cherry-O-Granola Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cherry-O-Granola   Cherry-O-Granola Empty

Back to top Go down

Cherry-O-Granola
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: