The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Price of something good!

Go down 
+5
Lynelle
Jesse
Amanda
Bethie
Brian
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

The Price of something good! Empty
PostSubject: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Well as we all know, there is nothing free in life. I was asked how much this lovely new tool is going to cost to opperate and maintain. Well I was quite shocked to find out that this wondering forum is completely FREE, yep FREE!!! But we all know free really isn't free, there is always a price for free. There isn't alot of info about how much this forum costs other then after a month, there will begin to be advertisments. But for what looks like 0.83 euros a month or $12.79 a year we can be free of advertisments. But for the first month its free.

So I guess we will use up the free time, and when the advertisements start, we can see how bad it gets, then we can pay to get rid of them if need be.

YEAH for something actually almost FREE!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:13 pm

Nothing is ever free Crying or Very sad . What a shame.
If we decide that the ads are to annoying, i would be happy to contribute to the "keep-it-ad-free" pot.
Thanks, Brian for looking into that for us.

Duncan loves the Emoticons! Especially the affraid one affraid

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:48 pm

So, it is free, only not. Personally, I could do without the ads - I've seen some on other forums and it's a constantly flashing banner across the top of the screen......at times, they are a little odd. But, hey, we can wait and see. And that's my two cents.

A
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Other free groups/forums   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:51 pm

I hate to be the one too complain... but YAHOO groups are so much easier to navigate and they are free.... I'm assuming anyway. I'm a member a few of them and they are more simple to figure out than this "forum".

I like the smiley faces though! Will this deter people from sending emails??? I mean like the old peeps that won't be able to understand??

Oh well, they don't write much anyway.

Gavin likes the forum stuff though b/c he doesn't have or check an email account but he'll get online to read this stuff.

What is BBCode???

Jesse
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Jesse wrote:
I hate to be the one too complain... but YAHOO groups are so much easier to navigate and they are free.... I'm assuming anyway. I'm a member a few of them and they are more simple to figure out than this "forum".

I like the smiley faces though! Will this deter people from sending emails??? I mean like the old peeps that won't be able to understand??

Oh well, they don't write much anyway.

Gavin likes the forum stuff though b/c he doesn't have or check an email account but he'll get online to read this stuff.

What is BBCode???

Jesse

Jesse:

I know this is probably just my personal experience - but I do NOT like Yahoo groups. I am a member of a few also, and maybe it's just me, but if you don't remember your login info, or want to locate archived things, it gets difficult.

Personally, I like having an entire site where I can post stuff, see it listed in a central location, and play with the emoticons. Smile

But, hey, that's just me.

A
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:53 pm

Well wait a minute, the ads could be useful.. You see until I saw the ad telling me that I could remove unwanted hair, I had NO IDEA that I had unwanted hair. And now, I have come to realize that I am COVERED WITH UNWANTED HAIR!!!! What a Face So if we ditch the ads I may miss something else tht could help to liberate me from anything else that is unwanted that I know nothing about and then I would have to live with these unwanted, unknowns for the rest of my life. Can you see the quandry that we may create?

Whew...... I need to lie down...

Hairy Lynelle
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 4:56 pm

Lynelle wrote:
Well wait a minute, the ads could be useful.. You see until I saw the ad telling me that I could remove unwanted hair, I had NO IDEA that I had unwanted hair. And now, I have come to realize that I am COVERED WITH UNWANTED HAIR!!!! What a Face So if we ditch the ads I may miss something else tht could help to liberate me from anything else that is unwanted that I know nothing about and then I would have to live with these unwanted, unknowns for the rest of my life. Can you see the quandry that we may create?

Whew...... I need to lie down...

Hairy Lynelle

LOL, LOL, LOL......You made me laugh out loud at work. Now everyone thinks I'm weird. Wink

Thanks for the laugh, hairy Mom.

Aj (your hairy daughter)
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 5:18 pm

Oh good grief! Does this mean I have unwanted hair too??
I sure hope not! I would think Brandon would have said something by now!

Bethie
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 5:37 pm

I'm starting to like this more as I look around and use it... there are just so many areas where we can post on different topics and read peoples stuff that I feel like I will spend most of my time going back and forth.... and for those of us with dial-up that will take a while study

I agree though.. it's nice to have different areas for different topics like bdays and other events.

Okay okay! I'm coming around!!

Jesse[/b]
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 6:23 pm

I'm glad your coming around... because phpBB forums are the most popular forums in the world... super simple and probably the most dialup friendly around.

Since alot of our family is using dialup, ya'll need to let me know what areas are slow to load, we can work to make it fast as possible. Just use the suggestion section to let me know.
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: This is great King Tiddle says so..   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 8:22 pm

This is great now i can multitask....I can talk and annoy all of u at the same time..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Sorry I had to   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 8:23 pm

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol!
Back to top Go down
Brandon
nOOb
nOOb
Brandon

Male Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyTue Aug 22, 2006 8:41 pm

Hey Tyler I hear that you were once reported to AOL for the same type thing,but I see the temptaion all those wierd things off to the side glistening as I would imagine the Holy Grail would(yes Mom I finished that book that was quite a unsatisfactory ending) one would have to be a saint to avoid using such things such as this one bounce which as far as I can tell has no purpose well I had a long day this Tuesday the 22nd and will fill you in on Wenesday eve till then...Adios

Brandon Suspect
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2006 9:09 pm

You may all rejoice for i am now among the ranks of the nuthouse.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyWed Aug 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Gavin wrote:
You may all rejoice for i am now among the ranks of the nuthouse.

This is one game you will never win! Suspect
Back to top Go down
Linda
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Linda

Number of posts : 123

PostSubject: To my hairy sister & everyone else   The Price of something good! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 11:42 am

I must be one of the old people Jesse wrote about because this is not easy yet for me but I can see that it will be. I'm going for an interview @ Fresh Foods today so I may have a new career depending on #1 scheduling and B) salary. I love the store & the atmosphere plus will adore the discounts!! I'll let everyone know but they will probably want to stick me at the meat counter (I'm the one that made my "other" meatloaf with cube steak not ground beef, it looked the same to me & bless his heart he ate it ~ once). Embarassed

Love, L
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 11:44 am

Brian i always win. hm well not always....you did beat me at chess that once.....luck................................ always wins! flower
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! EmptyThu Aug 24, 2006 11:53 am

Linda wrote:
I must be one of the old people Jesse wrote about because this is not easy yet for me but I can see that it will be. I'm going for an interview @ Fresh Foods today so I may have a new career depending on #1 scheduling and B) salary. I love the store & the atmosphere plus will adore the discounts!! I'll let everyone know but they will probably want to stick me at the meat counter (I'm the one that made my "other" meatloaf with cube steak not ground beef, it looked the same to me & bless his heart he ate it ~ once). Embarassed

Love, L

I would probably have made a similar mistake - if I even had the guts to try it. Smile Good luck on your interview!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Price of something good!   The Price of something good! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Price of something good!
Page 1 of 1