The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vegetable Pot Pie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Vegetable Pot Pie Empty
PostSubject: Vegetable Pot Pie   Vegetable Pot Pie EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 3:38 pm

Saute 1/2 an onion and some garlic (to taste)
Add whatever veggies (the amount depends on how big a pot pie you are doing, for a 9x13 I aim for 1/2 a dutch oven size pot) that you are going to use I like:
pots
carrots
celery
Put in pot with onions and garlic. Add water to cover and boil till tender.
When done gently strain the veggies saving the water.

Using the saved veggie water add enough milk to measure 2 cups liquid. Pour in blender, add: 2 T flour, 4t. chick style seasoning, 3 t onion powder, 1/2 t garlic powder, 1/4 t. salt, 2t. yeast flakes. Blend till smooth. Pour inot pan and cook till thickened.

Make pie crust, a recipe for a two crust pie will do for a small pot pie. Line your pan with half of the crust and then pour your veggies in, pour gravy over, top with crust, slash holes in crust and bake at 350 1 hour.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Vegetable Pot Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetable Pot Pie   Vegetable Pot Pie EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Neat, I can't wait to try that.... except I don't have any chicken seasoning... will the ABC mail that to me too?
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

Vegetable Pot Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetable Pot Pie   Vegetable Pot Pie EmptyMon Dec 11, 2006 5:36 pm

I have a huge container of La Chiky Seasoning, your welcome to have some since the recipe doesn't call for much.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

Vegetable Pot Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetable Pot Pie   Vegetable Pot Pie EmptyMon Dec 18, 2006 4:03 pm

Thanks Beth I just today saw your post.....

Lynelle, what about No Chicken Broth... I bought some from Good Foods a while back... would that work instead of making the mixture you described? Or is what I bought better for soups?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vegetable Pot Pie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vegetable Pot Pie   Vegetable Pot Pie Empty

Back to top Go down

Vegetable Pot Pie
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: