The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:38 am

Why are they called "volunter" forces? The Nat. Gaurd units are payed/compensated for their involvement. That's not volunteering in my book..........

And for Cindy Sheehan, I think that it is wonderful that we live in a country where voices like hers are not silenced. She has a grieving mothers heart and doesn't want other parents to lose their sons/daughters....

And I agree with Lee, habitual offenders generally will be trouble whereever they are... however I think that a structured eviornment like the military is just the ticket for them, with a protracted "bootcamp." Some will flourish and maybe turn their life around........ Could also be a deterent for future offenders...... hmmmmm I bet we could empty the jails!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:40 am

Lynelle wrote:
hmmmmm I bet we could empty the jails!

My only problem with that is we're also giving them guns.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:44 am

Jesse wrote:
Lynelle wrote:

...only in forgein contries....... and the Air Force does not issue weapons........
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:45 am

Jesse wrote:
Lynelle wrote:

Yes, but at the same time, we would be giving them a purpose and arena for directing their focus.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:46 am

o, well in that case... we should give them all guns and send them to Iraq... but then they might join the "bad team"... there's no good solution...
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 10:48 am

Jesse wrote:
o, well in that case... we should give them all guns and send them to Iraq... but then they might join the "bad team"... there's no good solution...

I agree - no good solution. But I would lean more towards giving them a focus and utilizing their potential skills then placing them in jail where they have access to cable, workout equipment, three square meals, libraries, and on and on and on. At least if they were in the military they would be required to do something other than live off of taxpayer's dollars.

But again, as you said, there is no good solution.
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 4:37 pm

We already have a public-relations nightmare on our hands with the middle-east, giving weapons to our criminals and setting them loose on the general population there wouldn't exactly make things better I think.

I think we should just decide to fry a lot of the people in the jails regular or extra crispy and empty them out.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 4:41 pm

Jig wrote:
We already have a public-relations nightmare on our hands with the middle-east, giving weapons to our criminals and setting them loose on the general population there wouldn't exactly make things better I think.

I think we should just decide to fry a lot of the people in the jails regular or extra crispy and empty them out.

Since the middle east is not the only arena in which our soldiers participate, I fail to see how using that as a baseline is effective.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 7:03 pm

Since I managed to successfully hijack this thread with my "empty the jails" statement, I think that this should get a thread all it's own.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 9:41 am

Lynelle wrote:
Since I managed to successfully hijack this thread with my "empty the jails" statement, I think that this should get a thread all it's own.

Granted! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?   Emptying the jails - Good or Bad? Empty

Back to top Go down

Emptying the jails - Good or Bad?
Page 1 of 1