The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prison Solutions.... got one?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Prison Solutions.... got one? Empty
PostSubject: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyThu Dec 07, 2006 7:05 pm

I'm starting this over here since it looks like we have some good ideas.....
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 9:44 am

Put a fence around Louisiana and let them spend a summer or two down there and see how many return to a life of crime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 10:35 am

I'm sure when the country was younger... the whole jail/prison experience was enough to keep most criminals on the straight path, but it obviously isn't anymore.

Some people look at it as a free place to live. Free for them anyway... not free for the people that don't live there.

They need to change something to make the result of breaking the law very unpleasant... obviously the current punishments aren't working.
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 11:08 am

Prisons are no longer the institutions they were in the past. From chain gangs to busting rocks, inmates were forced to do hard labor in years past. Due to our refined thinking and liberal policies, we have made confinement in prison a walk in the park from what it used to be. Granted going to prison is not my idea of a vacation, nor do I want to go there, but with cable TV, weight lifting machines, libraries with all sorts of reference materials and a justice system that limits the punishments that can be handed out, we have weakened the prison systems of today.

We have strengthened the convicts both physically and mentally while serving their time. Drug use is rampant within the prisons and criminals are honing their skills while living off of our tax dollars. They have learned very carefully how to manipulate the legal system to their advantage and have become professional inmates all while being "rehabilitated". Liberalism is not only destroying our freedoms outside of prisons, it is destroying how we deal with those within the prisons across America. There is a saying that the inmates are running the prisons and I believe that is true of todays prisons.

The solutions as I see it, is to return to the former way of dealing with prisoners. Do away with the "luxuries of everyday life" and truly try to bring reform into the lives of these inmates. Reforms begin with education, not legal education, but an education where they can begin to be useful to society and not a drain on it. I have seen inmates whose lives were changed when the gospel message was presented, butI have also seen where they lied about this change as well. Keep them in the prisons for as long as it takes and put them to work to restore to the families and individuals they have hurt, the monies that were taken or give their life for those they have taken. If it takes a lifetime to restore, then leave them there for a lifetime. Make them experience what the victims have experienced, the loss of property and freedoms they once had.
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 4:20 pm

I'm all for restitution... Like Lee, the criminal should have to work at some sort of physical labor and get paid for it. Out of the monies would come his/her room and board, a small allowence and the rest given to the families of the victum/s whose life they impacted. This should be done for the entire length of their time.

I can just se the impact this would have on America... no more illegals cuase there wouldn't be any work for them. Cheaper organics becuase a larger portion of land could be workd since there is such a large work force available.

More tax dollars coming into circlulation would lower inflation.....

Seems like a win win situation to me....

So if I were Prez......... I would overhaul the prison system....
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 4:23 pm

My my my... doesn't Relyt sound just like his mama?

and BTW I DO know how to spell victim, victem, victym
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 4:39 pm

My only thought is that if we've thought of this, do you think the prez or others under him have too? So there must be some reason they can't do this.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? EmptyFri Dec 08, 2006 6:02 pm

Can't or won't.... it's all about the money in the politician pockets...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prison Solutions.... got one?   Prison Solutions.... got one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prison Solutions.... got one?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Debate Topics {Defend your stance on the subject}-
Jump to: