The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Personality Test

Go down 
+7
Anna
Brian
Jig
Lynelle
Bethie
Jesse
Amanda
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Personality Test - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 5:39 pm

We all have our own gifts... God intended it so... if we were all the same woundn't life be boring?

My Profile Results (since everyone is posting them here anyway):

Provider Guardians take it upon themselves to arrange for the health and welfare of those in their care, but they are also the most sociable of all the Guardians, and thus are the great nurturers of established institutions such as schools, businesses, churches, social clubs, and civic groups. Wherever they go, Providers take up the role of social contributor, happily giving their time and energy to make sure that the needs of others are met, that traditions are supported and developed, and that social functions are a success.

Providers are very likely more than ten percent of the population, and this is very fortunate for the rest of us, because friendly social service is a key to their nature. Highly cooperative themselves, Providers are skilled in maintaining teamwork among their helpers, and are also tireless in their attention to the details of furnishing goods and services. They make excellent chairpersons in charge of social events. They are without peer as masters of ceremonies, able to approach others with ease and confidence, and seemingly aware of what everyone's been doing. And they are outstanding hosts or hostesses, able to remember people's names, usually after one introduction, and always concerned about the needs of their guests, wanting to insure that all are involved and provided for.

Providers are extremely sensitive to the feelings of others, which makes them perhaps the most sympathetic of all the types, but which also leaves them rather self-conscious, that is, highly sensitive to what others think of them. Because of this Providers can be crushed by personal criticism, and will work most effectively when given ample appreciation both for themselves personally and for the service they give to others. This is not to say that Providers are afraid to express their own emotional reactions. They are quick to like and dislike-and don't mind saying so-tending to put on a pedestal whatever or whoever they admire, and to come down hard on those people and issues they don't care for.

In their choice of careers, Providers may lean toward sales and service occupations. They have such pleasant, outgoing personalities that they are far and away the best sales reps, not only regularly winning sales contests, but earning seniority in any sales group within an organization. Observing Providers at work in a sales transaction reveals clearly how this type personalizes the sale. They are visibly-and honestly-concerned with their customer's welfare, and thus the customer is not simply buying the product, but is buying personally from the Provider. This same characteristic causes them to be good in many people-to-people jobs, as teachers, clergy, coaches, social workers, office receptionists, and so on. Providers seldom become a source of irritation in the workplace; on the contrary, they are unflagging in their devotion to their company, and show such personal loyalty to their immediate superiors that they make invaluable personal secretaries.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Jig wrote:
You are:
very expressed extrovert

ENTPs are usually verbally as well as cerebrally quick, and generally love to argue--both for its own sake, and to show off their often-impressive skills. They tend to have a perverse sense of humor as well, and enjoy playing devil's advocate. They sometimes confuse, even inadvertently hurt, those who don't understand or accept the concept of argument as a sport.

Both at work and at home, ENTPs are very fond of "toys"--physical or intellectual, the more sophisticated the better. They tend to tire of these quickly, however, and move on to new ones.

Aside from those two areas, ENTPs tend to be oblivious of the rest of humanity, except as an audience -- good, bad, or potential.

Fictional Characters:

Garfield the cat

WOW! How does this 72 question test know all this stuff!!??!!
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 6:30 pm

I know! Its quite remarkable!
Here is Brandons...i wasn't surprised in the least.

Your Type is
INTJ

Introverted
Intuitive
Thinking
Judging

Mastermind

Of the four aspects of strategic analysis and definition, it is the contingency planning or entailment organizing role that reaches the highest development in Masterminds. Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on.

It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will (Duncan also has this quality) . They are rather rare, comprising no more than, say, one percent of the population. Being very judicious, decisions come naturally to them; indeed, they can hardly rest until they have things settled, decided, and set. They are the people who are able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans, hence contingency organizers or "entailers."

Masterminds will adopt ideas only if they are useful, which is to say if they work efficiently toward accomplishing the Mastermind's well-defined goals. Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead. Once in charge, however, Masterminds are the supreme pragmatists, seeing reality as a crucible for refining their strategies for goal-directed action. In a sense, Masterminds approach reality as they would a giant chess board, always seeking strategies that have a high payoff, and always devising contingency plans in case of error or adversity. To the Mastermind, organizational structure and operational procedures are never arbitrary, never set in concrete, but are quite malleable and can be changed, improved, streamlined. In their drive for efficient action, Masterminds are the most open-minded of all the types. No idea is too far-fetched to be entertained-if it is useful. Masterminds are natural brainstormers, always open to new concepts and, in fact, aggressively seeking them. They are also alert to the consequences of applying new ideas or positions. Theories which cannot be made to work are quickly discarded by the Masterminds. On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy.

Man, i found a lot of that to be confusing, but a lot hit home with Brandon.
This is definatly the personality i would have picked for him. bounce

Last edited by on Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 6:52 pm

Okay, i looked and looked and couldn't find where Fictional Characters was!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 7:03 pm

There are two different links you can click on... it's at the bottom of the 2nd link... if he's the same as Gavin & Amanda then it says all the same people.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 7:10 pm

He's not the same as them. They are Mastermind Rational....hes just Mastermind.
Just like your Provider Gaurdian and i'm a Protector Gaurdian.
They are very different from what i read.
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 7:50 pm

i always thought Jig reminded me of Shirley....yes sir they hit that one on the head there Wink
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 8:19 pm

Wow I am the same as AJ, but to read the description is sounds nothing like me..... I really thought that I would be more of a nurturing type........
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:16 pm

Bethie wrote:
He's not the same as them. They are Mastermind Rational....hes just Mastermind.
Just like your Provider Gaurdian and i'm a Protector Gaurdian.
They are very different from what i read.

I saw the "mastermind" part and assumed they were the same.... so I went back and read it slowly... this is the only part that I can see that isn't included in Amanda & Gavin's results:

"It is in their abilities that Masterminds differ from the other Rationals, while in most of their attitudes they are just like the others. However there is one attitude that sets them apart from other Rationals: they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will."

So, somewhat similar, but not totally.

Still an interesting group in this family.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:17 pm

Lynelle wrote:
Wow I am the same as AJ, but to read the description is sounds nothing like me..... I really thought that I would be more of a nurturing type........

Okay let me reread again and see how I think you fit in.... maybe you didn't answer some of your questions honestly or something.... I'll be right back...
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:21 pm

"Entailing or contingency planning is not an informative activity, rather it is a directive one in which the planner tells others what to do and in what order to do it. As the organizing capabilities the Masterminds increase so does their inclination to take charge of whatever is going on. "

Totally you Lynelle...

Still reading... oh wait... hey Beth that thing I said about Bran... I was wrong that's in Gavin's & Amanda's & Lynelle's also... my memory failed me, my bad...
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:22 pm

So I'm a rational mastermind? Or am I just a rational?

Yeah Gup, Shirley reminded me of Alexander the Great too. I think Achilles was in there somewhere too... Does that mean my butt can look like Brad Pitt's with a little work?
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:24 pm

"they tend to be much more self-confident than the rest, having, for obscure reasons, developed a very strong will"

Still you Lynelle.... actually I think this could be anyone...

"Natural leaders, Masterminds are not at all eager to take command of projects or groups, preferring to stay in the background until others demonstrate their inability to lead."

Still fits you... but again, I would imagine most could... this was definately a statement that sized up Gavin.

"On the other hand, Masterminds can be quite ruthless in implementing effective ideas, seldom counting personal cost in terms of time and energy. "

And what do you think abou that final statement?
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:26 pm

I just saw that Martha Stewart and I are in the same category.... but I don't have any plans for visiting prison....

And Sam Walton too! Laugh all you want I'm in the category with rich people!!
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 03, 2006 11:32 pm

Jesse wrote:
I just saw that Martha Stewart and I are in the same category.... but I don't have any plans for visiting prison....

Yup! Like Ken Lay the CEO of Enron (died before he could serve time), the guys who headed Tyco (in jail), etc....

When you're serving time we'll bring you sandwhiches and we promise to only give media interviews when they'll pay a whole lot.

afro
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 6:48 am

My mom was also a Provider Gaurdian. Rolling Eyes

You know, for Amanda, Gavin, Lynelle and Brandon do be nearly or actually in the same category...their personalities are nothing alike!

I expected Lynelle to be one of the Gaurdians...Brandon said the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 8:14 am

Lynelle wrote:

Mom - the differences would lie in the percentages per character type.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 8:17 am

Bethie wrote:
My mom was also a Provider Gaurdian. Rolling Eyes

You know, for Amanda, Gavin, Lynelle and Brandon do be nearly or actually in the same category...their personalities are nothing alike!

I expected Lynelle to be one of the Gaurdians...Brandon said the same thing.

I would have expected the same. One thing to keep in mind with personality tests - your frame of mind, mood, and attitude play a large role in the answers you provide - unless you go into the test completely truthfully and without bias. In other words....simply thinking you are one way may not bring out the correct result. Not that I'm saying any of you answered untruthfully, but first responses and actualities may differ. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 9:57 am

ESTJ for me

Extroverted 33
Sensitive 1
Thinking 12
Judging 33
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 10:18 am

I took the test again and I'm still a Provider Guardian...

Okay I'm trying to figure out what Lee's letters mean... I'm not having a easy time navigating this web page...
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 10:21 am

Sounds like Uncle Lee to me:

Supervisor Guardians are squarely on the side of rules and procedures, and they can be quite serious about seeing to it that others toe the mark-or else face the consequences. They do not hesitate to give their stamp of approval, nor do they withhold their directions or suggestions for improvement. Like seasoned, stalwart umpires, Supervisors will set their jaw and make the call on anyone who steps up to bat. They even feel obligated to do so, and they're sometimes surprised when others don't seem grateful for being set straight.

Comprising at least ten percent of the population, Supervisors go by experience and that is what counts, not speculation and experimentation, and certainly not fantasy. They keep their feet firmly on the ground and make sure that those under their supervision do the same, whether employee, subordinate, offspring, or spouse. If others wish to fool around and daydream, fine, as long as they do it on their own time-which means after the job is done. But if they fritter away their time while on duty, they should not be surprised when the Supervisor calls them on the carpet. The top sergeant will not put up with such nonsense.

Supervisors are gregarious and civic-minded, and are usually key players of their community. They are generous with their time and energy, and very often belong to a variety of groups, supporting them through steady attendance, but also taking a vocal leadership role. Indeed, membership groups of all kinds attract Supervisors like magnets, perhaps because membership satisfies in some degree their need to maintain the stability of social institutions. Like all the Guardians, Supervisors worry a good deal about society falling apart, morality decaying, standards being undermined, traditions being lost, and they do all they can to preserve and to extend the institutions that embody social order. Supervisors are so in tune with the established institutions and ways of behaving within those institutions, that they have a hard time understanding those who might wish to abandon or radically change them.

Fictional Characters:
Lucy (Charles Schultz's Peanuts character)
Mrs. Harbottle (Herriott, All Creatures Great and Small)
Mrs. Rachel Lynde (Anne of Green Gables)
The Mayor (The Music Man)
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 2:04 pm

That certainly sounds like Lee.

As for me, I guess the whole "organizational" thing threw me......
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 2:57 pm

Jesse wrote:

Yes yes, but I have a prophet in mine...
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 04, 2006 4:24 pm

So then you'll be my secret weapon... you'll be my guide to wise investments!
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 06, 2006 9:53 pm

so really theres like 4 of us that are close to the same thing.....wich means out of a family of like 30 somthing we have maybe 5 or more of a personality that makes up only 1% of the population...pff i dont think so. it dont work! and as my test said since im a c3po or whatever when somthing doesnt work i throw it out! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Personality Test   Personality Test - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Personality Test
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next