The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that

Go down 
+4
Relyt
Brian
Jesse
Linda
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Linda

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2006-08-23

A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that Empty
PostSubject: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 6:13 pm

Once again there seems to have been some kind of blowup & once again I have missed (most of) it. The purpose of this forum is to keep in touch & have fun while doing it, to get a giggle (sometimes even a laugh) & to let others know what's up with our lives. We seem to have aquired a few attitudes from a few people & this is ruining it for the rest of us. Just because something is honest/true doesn't mean it needs to be said. I have been telling my best friend that for years. Remember when our Moms said "If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"? This should be the motto here. I love all of you & think each one is special. Some more "special" than others. (Just kidding!) This is not a sound off arena unless it's a topic other than family. We already have 3 people that aren't posting because they don't like what they read. Before you post everyone (myself included) think "is this kind? & "will this hurt soeone's feelings"? BTW this is also a good idea in life while dealing with others since we are supposed to be Christians. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 6:20 pm

I agree, except that keeping things bottled up inside that can be rationally discussed among adults isn't a good idea either.

There's no reason that we can't discuss problems that the family is having and try to resolve them.

I've read plenty of crap on here that I didn't like... it didn't make me run away... although at times I have wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 7:45 pm

This forum was created for the family to communicate. This includes funnies, stories, days events, pictures, discussion, debates, and even arguments. All things that happen when talking to anyone including family members. As long as there isn't any name calling or just plain rudeness, then all arguments will be allowed to continue. Trust me, we all don't agree on alot of things, but if we just keep things bottled up, the problems will just continue. Why keep something bottled up inside and live with it, when you can confront it and get the issue behind you? Again I'm not saying being mean is the way to solve anything, but not talking about it just cause it might cause an argument is in my oppinion not the right thing to do.

If you have a problem, stand up and confront it. Therefore as long as there is no name calling and one sided picking, all arguments will be allowed to be expressed! We don't all have the ability to see each other everyday, therefore we get to say what we would normally say on here! If you don't like what is being said in a topic, STOP reading the topic. If you don't like any of the topics then stop reading the forums. It a personally choice to read the forums, nobody is being forced to read.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 8:59 pm

I admit that it is sad that 3 people arent posting cuz they dont like what they read. But if we were all in a setting where we could communicate daily none of these things would be discussed. I mean our fam doesnt operate that way it never has..and never will..
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 9:49 pm

It is interesting to me that all 3 of you think I meant we should not discuss things. I meant that there is a way of saying almost anything in a kind way. No need to be unthoughtful or rude just state you opinions/ideas in a nice way. And remember just because it's something we personally feel that doesn't make it right.
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 9:53 pm

Trying... Can't hold back..... Argh....

But if the problem is unilateral and many multilateral attempts have been made to remedy the situation what, other possible methods of approach can be utilized? Inaction seems to have virtually no impact, as does covert attempts at communication, and realization does not seem to be forthcoming.

May have screwed it up enough.... Must... Leave.... Now.... Aarrghhhh....

afro
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyTue Nov 21, 2006 11:59 pm

But Jared... think about what you are saying man... if we are unilateral, and then we go multilateral.... we still are getting no where. Lateral moves, whether uni or multi, it doesn't matter... they are still both straight across the board.....which may have been your point only I can't see it b/c I am so tired........ Sleep Sleep Sleep
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 8:37 am

Which means that vertical attempts are the only resort left. While there are polite and tactful ways to get one's point across, when emotions are incorporated (on the reader's or writer's) side, vertical attempts often result in someone feeling slighted on some level. Intentional or not.

Yes, it is true that we should think before acting or speaking. But in no way should that limit or restrict one's opinion or ability to verbalize such an opinion.
Back to top Go down
Linda
Linda

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 9:10 am

Which came first the chicken or the egg?
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 10:02 am

Linda wrote:

Both, God created the chicken with the eggs inside Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 10:31 am

you only have to hit the send button once hunny......
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 10:54 am

Linda wrote:

Maybe I'm just lost... what does that have to do with speaking the honest truth to people?

O and by the way, while everyone may think I say everything that comes into my head w/o consideration... actually I don't. There are lots of true things that I don't say.
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 10:56 am

I am just so excited about being able to post, and getting my numbers up. Thanks for the advice though KissMe
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 10:58 am

Lee wrote:
I am just so excited about being able to post, and getting my numbers up. Thanks for the advice though KissMe

lol!

did you get my email?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that EmptyWed Nov 22, 2006 11:03 am

Jesse wrote:

Maybe I'm just lost... what does that have to do with speaking the honest truth to people?

I was wondering the same..but the poster IS the oldest, maybe that has something to do with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that   A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that Empty

Back to top Go down

A Message from the oldest & therefore wisest member that
Page 1 of 1