The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A quote that is so True

Go down 
+3
Linda
Amanda
Brian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

A quote that is so True Empty
PostSubject: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 9:35 am

I thought this nailed it right on the head:

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. - George Burns

What ya'll think?
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 9:38 am

LOL! I was laughing about that one earlier!
Back to top Go down
Linda
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Fingers hurt, still can't stop!
Linda

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 9:44 am

Odd that this comes from one of our far away relatives........ By the by why are you using that picture of my beautiful niece that makes her look like an escapee from a half way house? Shame on you!
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 9:46 am

Linda wrote:
Odd that this comes from one of our far away relatives........ By the by why are you using that picture of my beautiful niece that makes her look like an escapee from a half way house? Shame on you!

Yes, I asked him the same thing......he said he likes it. I think it's not very flattering.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:21 am

Linda wrote:
By the by why are you using that picture of my beautiful niece that makes her look like an escapee from a half way house? Shame on you!

What are you saying about my beautiful bride? I love that pictures, we were playing in the leaves and having a good time.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:21 am

Brian wrote:
I thought this nailed it right on the head:

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. - George Burns

What ya'll think?

Soooo when are you going to have a large, loving family that I can be happy about????? PickOn

Just pickin' on Bri. I really agree with that quote, although the "other city" doesn't have to be 3-5 hours away! I think that it is very important that family members are able to establish thier own family unit and expectations. It is also important that they be able to develope thier walk with the Lord without any one else close enough to interfere. Also it gives us the space to implement any changes within our family structure that the Lord convicts us on, without a relative complaining to the others about how crazy so and so is........
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:24 am

Lynelle wrote:
Also it gives us the space to implement any changes within our family structure that the Lord convicts us on, without a relative complaining to the others about how crazy so and so is........

Thank goodness that kind of thing doesn't happen in our family... if it did I'm glad I'm caulis enough not to care Wink
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:26 am

Jesse wrote:
Lynelle wrote:
Also it gives us the space to implement any changes within our family structure that the Lord convicts us on, without a relative complaining to the others about how crazy so and so is........

Thank goodness that kind of thing doesn't happen in our family... if it did I'm glad I'm caulis enough not to care Wink

Um, yeah........I'm gonna dodge the lightning bolt now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:34 am

Jesse wrote:

Not sure how you even typed that out without messing up because of all the laughing.

FYI: caulis (plural caules)
An herbaceous or woody stem which bears leaves, and may bear flowers.
Retrieved from "http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/caulis"
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:35 am

Brian wrote:

Yeah, she meant "callous"

BTW - what are YOU doing correcting spelling? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:38 am

Brian wrote:
Jesse wrote:

Not sure how you even typed that out without messing up because of all the laughing.

I didn't know how to spell it so I typed calis... Word is the one that made that correction... I was not in control... only responsible for poor spelling skills
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:38 am

I've gotten a lot better at it, plus I might not be able to spell it, but I know its not supposed to look like that.

Last edited by on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:39 am

Brian wrote:
I've gotten a lot better at it, plus I might not be able to spell it, but I know its not supposed to look like that.

lol! well, that's a start. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:45 am

Brian wrote:

Ahem.... that's spelled "a lot"

which brings me to a point that I wanted to bring up anyway..... how can we get a spell checker?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 10:48 am

Ah... ok scratch

As for a spell Checker, you have to ask your other SIN to program one. There isn't one available... now we know how he can make his millions!
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 1:53 pm

So u two are SINS? No wonder mom didnt want ya'll to get married......
Back to top Go down
Jig
Britan's Loyal Subject
Britan's Loyal Subject
Jig

Number of posts : 342
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True EmptyWed Nov 08, 2006 11:35 pm

Brian wrote:
Ah... ok scratch

As for a spell Checker, you have to ask your other SIN to program one. There isn't one available... now we know how he can make his millions!

Um, after he's done with his millions... Can he do some for us?

And Tyler, I love the SINS thing. Nice...

afro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quote that is so True   A quote that is so True Empty

Back to top Go down

A quote that is so True
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: