The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How about a little Christmas cheer?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

How about a little Christmas cheer? Empty
PostSubject: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 4:47 pm

Anyone interested in a family ornament exchange? they can be handmade, bought, whatever..... we could exchange them on Christmas Eve.....
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 8:10 pm

I'm SO for that! Very cool idea!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2006 10:50 pm

Sounds simple enough... I think we need something that will cause more of an internal struggle and weeks of gossip on the forum...

Are we talking one ornament per family??
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 6:25 am

The last ornament exchange i went to did it like this...

Everyone brings one ornament that has been wrapped.
People draw numbers, the person with number one picks a package first and holds on to it. Number 2 then chooses one of the remaining packages then decide to change it with number 1's...then you keep going down the numbers....

Did that make any sense?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 8:05 am

Bethie wrote:

People draw numbers, the person with number one picks a package first and holds on to it. Number 2 then chooses one of the remaining packages then decide to change it with number 1's...then you keep going down the numbers....

Did that make any sense?

Yes, it's like the gift exchange that a lot of people do at Christmas...usually with gag gifts though.

My MIL has a very special term for this type of gift exchange.....one which caused great amounts of laughter at her expense. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 10:06 am

Amanda wrote:
Bethie wrote:

Did that make any sense?

Yes, it's like the gift exchange that a lot of people do at Christmas...usually with gag gifts though.

My MIL has a very special term for this type of gift exchange.....one which caused great amounts of laughter at her expense. Smile

Can you clue us in?
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 10:09 am

Jesse wrote:
Sounds simple enough... I think we need something that will cause more of an internal struggle and weeks of gossip on the forum...

Are we talking one ornament per family??

I was thinking it would be more like the cookie party idea.... you know, find out how many families want to be involved and then bring that many...

Jess it would only turn into an internal struggle/gossip if we said that we were going to do it at Amanda's and B.'s! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 12:05 pm

We have a new car now that we really like spending time in so we're up for long trips.... we'd just prefer them to be overnighter's sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 4:48 pm

bump
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2006 5:37 pm

Lynelle wrote:
bump

bump?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How about a little Christmas cheer?   How about a little Christmas cheer? Empty

Back to top Go down

How about a little Christmas cheer?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: