The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Hotmail Look

Go down 
+2
Lynelle
Brian
6 posters

Do you like the new Hotmail change.
Yes
New Hotmail Look Vote_lcap67%New Hotmail Look Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
No
New Hotmail Look Vote_lcap33%New Hotmail Look Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393
Registration date : 2006-08-22

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 7:34 am

I'm not sure how many of you are using Hotmail... although everyone should be. Anyways, last night they changed the entire look of hotmail. Just wondering if ya'll liked the new change.
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 am

I know that this will go under the really stupid question heading, but.... hotmail is free - right? So can we change from AOL to hotmail and still be able to get on the internet?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 8:38 am

Lynelle wrote:
I know that this will go under the really stupid question heading, but.... hotmail is free - right? So can we change from AOL to hotmail and still be able to get on the internet?

Yep, most definitely! Totally free...just need to have an internet connection.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 8:43 am

Sorry, no Hotmail here. I had it and hated it. Plus, we feel no need to switch now that AOL has dropped their price to $9.95 a month cheers .
Back to top Go down
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 9:07 am

Yes hotmail is free, but gmail is better Smile If ya'll want we can send you an invite to gmail...
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 9:18 am

Anna wrote:
Yes hotmail is free, but gmail is better Smile If ya'll want we can send you an invite to gmail...

Again though, an internet connection is needed - it's not provided by hotmail or gmail.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 9:51 am

When did AOL drop their price?
Back to top Go down
Bethie

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 9:57 am

About a month ago. They sent out emails to every AOL customer offering it.

To switch:

You go to Keyword at the top of the screen - right beside sign off, click go to keyword, type in Billing, you have to then answer your AOL security question, on the left click Price Plan, scroll down and you'll see AOL Basic Dial-Up and it says $9.95 a month, click continue under that plan, scroll down and click continue.

Very easy. Took me like 5min.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 10:44 am

AOL is an internet provider, yes they give you an email address, but if you ever get a different internet provider then you can't use your email address anymore.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND getting a free email address at Hotmail, gmail, or even Yahoo. Here is why... its FREE, and you will always have the same email address no matter what happens! I've had the same email address since highschool, everyone knows it and it never changes!

Yahoo was built by hackers, there are alot of back doors still, so I don't recommend them. Gmail is ok, yes its has the largest storage of any of the free email address, but it also comes with alot of junk mail and I've found its not very upfront for people that aren't very computer savy. Hotmail is very easy to use, and with the new look you can make it look like Outlook which most people use at work. Plus with the new filters, you can block out most junk mail, I get less junk mail then I do at work. I really doesn't matter which free email you get, just GET ONE!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 10:49 am

I have used Yahoo for over 10 years now... I will always have a free email account. I don't like all the junk mail though. That's why I switch my email address so often.... after about 6 months I start getting about 4-6 spams a day in my email.

I had hotmail once before and didn't care for the design so much.... I might look into it again if you think it's good at blocking spam though.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 10:49 am

I've had AOL for the past 12 years and while yes, my email address has changed, its only because i wanted it to. My first email address was ThornBloodDrinker@aol.com....don't think thats really ME anymore...LOL

Plus, i LOVE that i get ZERO spam. Oh, except for one...but thats from Hank Cosby and i just feel wrong about reporting that as spam Rolling Eyes

But i do also have a Hotmail account that i've had for like...i dunno...ever, but the spam killed it for me, i just stopped checking it.

But unfortunately, no matter what you do, you still need an internet provider Rolling Eyes . I agree, though...everyone should have one, just in case.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look EmptyThu Oct 19, 2006 10:56 am

Jesse wrote:
I have used Yahoo for over 10 years now... I will always have a free email account. I don't like all the junk mail though. That's why I switch my email address so often.... after about 6 months I start getting about 4-6 spams a day in my email.

I had hotmail once before and didn't care for the design so much.... I might look into it again if you think it's good at blocking spam though.

Wow, 4-6 spam emails a day?!?! How can you manage? JK I have about 5 different email accounts, which I use for various things, including hiding from spam. The filters on Hotmail have gotten a lot better, and the interface is nice - if you are used to using Outlook. One nice feature with Hotmail, if you delete a message from a certain sender, or with a certain topic lines a few times, Hotmail will begin to automatically recognize it as "junk" and send it to the junk folder immediately.

I like my gmail account also, but you need to be careful about the name that you choose. Most of the gmail accounts I know are based solely off of people's names, along with a number or "." I had set up an account simply using "athomas78" and began receiving junk mail before I even used the account. My other gmail account, "amandaj.thomas" never gets junk mail.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Hotmail Look Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hotmail Look   New Hotmail Look Empty

Back to top Go down

New Hotmail Look
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: