The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Compliment the family

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

Compliment the family Empty
PostSubject: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 4:49 pm

Ha! It logged me out... but I cut and pasted first, so it's in tact anyway. Stinking message board....

In an effort to make sure that everyone gets a compliment (and maybe so we wouldn't end up with the same three people complimenting eachother, I think we should build morale and compliment everyone!!!!

Perschinos:
Lee: I love your ready smile and the twinkle in your eyes -- it reminds me of how people describe Santa Clause. You are patient and kind and always willing to fix something if someone needs you too (case in point: my wobbly toilet lid... I'm still mortified you had to do that!)

Lynelle: You once said that if you had the opportunity to mother over again that you would do it differently. It has been educational and provoking to watch you with this new batch of children. I enjoy your words of wisdom and the way that you gently turn people away from your answers and towards God's.

Tyler: I love your fast wit. You make up for your grinchy behavior when you play with the girls and carry Emmie around and I can't wait to see the finished product of you in heaven.

Thomases:

Britan: You've been a goofball to me since the first time I heard your voice on the telephone and I swore to my soon-to-be husband that you were nothing short of cooky. I appreciate the good friend that you've been to Jared and your quirky attitude and ability to be just plain funny.

AJ: I've had a great time getting to know you better in IMs over the last year plus. I admire your drive with school and work, and your ability to make sacrifices to forward the things/plans that are important to you. You're a divine dessert maker and you're almost always willing to "join in the fun" that our husbands plan for us whenever we go out as a group- even when it's a miserable occasion, you're ready for round 2!!!

Grays:

Jason: From the first IM I read over Anna's shoulder, I swore that you were a total geek and I poked fun at her for the whole weekend. I still stand by this, but geeks are a great thing, so no big deal. You're a fantastic statistical analyst, and you have a quiet sense of humor about you all your own. You seem to be able to adapt yourself to a variety of different situations with ease and you have a varied palate of interests that make you easy for anyone to get along with you.

Anna: You're like that best friend you have in life that lives far away, whom you never see, and are still able to pick up at the same place you left off whenever you get together. You're creative and artistic and you smile even under the worst circumstances. You do your best not to insult anyone and to hold your tongue when you should (something I occasionally have difficulty with!) and you always try to see the best in others.

Elder Glovers:

Beemee: You've raised 5 great kids who're all a blessing to me in some way (even you, Uncle Loren!!!). You welcomed me into your family without question and you're always quick to let us visit your timeshares. I really appreciated this when we came to Massanutten with you and Pa-- we were the only ones there and you checked in on us throughout the week to make sure we were having a good time! I admire that you're so supportive to your children.

Pa: I love all of your many facial expressions. You're always there with a jovial hug and a welcoming smile. You're filled with knowledge and laughter and you are always fun to chat with. I admire your drive to complete projects and your willingness to help your family when they need it.

Younger Glovers:

Loren: You've got a great sense of humor and the handsomest son on the block. You still play with your nephews and take part in your childrens' interests. You've always been willing to share your knowledge and expertise and you make a mean deep-fried anything!!

Lisser: You're always willing to animal-sit for me when I randomly go on vacation without any notice. You are always up for a good time. You love your little people and always make an effort to spend time and ferry them back and forth between practices and such. You have great taste in glam jewels and birthday presents and you never forget the details!

Johnsons:

Mike: You're always a barrel of laughs and lots of fun. You never fail to be up for a game of cards or a round of chasing Linden around for a hug. You're a giving individual and a happy spirit and you brighten our family. I admire your commitment to both of your families.

Lu: We don't see you very often, but when we do you're ready with a smile and a hug. You're always willing to share your barns with us for a day of leading kids around on horses or swimming in the "company pool". I admire your drive with your horses and your persistance to pursue your dream.

Czeizingers:

Bran: I'm glad to see you finally coming into your own. It's been rewarding to see you willing and eager to develop your relationship with Jared and your desire to reconnect with your family (extended and immediate). I love watching you play with Duncan and enjoy the interactions of daily life with your son. I admire your commitment to your wife and your willingness/eagerness to give her joy and happiness.

Beth: You're a great little sister. You're upbeat and growing in patience every day. I'm so glad that you've made and effort for us to get to know eachother and I have a great time when we get together. I admire your creativity and your multi-tasking ability to make jewelry, school Dunc, cook, clean, and not get too terribly down at the end of the week. You're always willing to share your vacations (even though we never get to come!) and your time and you're full of compliments.

Gavin: I love your sense of sarcasm and dry humor. You always have the appropriate tastefully inappropriate coments first and you're quick to laugh. I admire your patience with Jesse and Gideon, and the way that you are so careful to never correct them in public, when this is such an easy temptation for some of us. I'm glad to see you coming out of your shell with strangers a little more often and your (even though somewhat grudging) willingness to support Jess when she volunteers your house for Sabbath guests and parties!

Jesse: You're the family planner and you always know what you've got ahead of you. I admire your ability to function in a high-stress envirement and your ability to get done what you say you'll get done, regardless of the circumstances. I appreciate your drive to be a better person and your willingness to grow and change, as well as your ability to put up with the rest of us that are not so organized and together. It's great that you've found a business you can do from home and still have time for your son.

Jared: You're my dear husband. I admire that you are a romantic at heart, even if you don't always show that side of yourself. You're always willing to lend monitary support and a listening ear. I'm glad that you force me to take time for myself when I'm too busy creating time for everything else to notice that I've neglected myself. You are a supportive husband and are coming into your own as a daddy.

Newly-engageds:

Rodney: I love your sense of humor, much like my own. You're willing to try new things (like chasing after my kids) and are always open-minded. I really admire that you won't let people talk down to themselves, and your willingness to jump on board with the things you feel strongly about. I admire your desire to witness to those around you and the close relationship you have with your parents. You're going to make a great fatherly-uncle-in-law!!

Geeg: You're my treasured MIL and I'm so happy to have you. You're giddy and grouchy and funny all at the same time. You have a grand love for your family and you treasure all of your sons and daughters no matter what hardships they put upon you from time to time. You're always ready to offer an uplifting compliment and you see the best in the worst of people. You're a great granny, a wonderful sister, a dutiful daughter, a good friend and a glowing bride-to-be.

Sophie: ..... you were a brave dog to fight for Cadie.... and for that, I forgive you for tilting your decrepit little hot-dog body from side to side when I blocked you from view with a pillow while trying to enjoy my lunch.
Back to top Go down
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 6:45 pm

AWWWWWW......That made me Cry and Laugh (Sophie one was the best)...

Now, i'm lazy, so ima just do one...
Ginny: I am SO impressed with the way you handle the huge load you have laid on your doorstep. You are smart and sweet and very loyal. I love having you as my friend and sister and i know that i can count on you anytime Very Happy . I love having Sabbath with your family, you guys always seem to make the day brighter and more special.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 9:10 pm

Ummmm.... what have you done? Why are you kissing up to everyone? PickOn
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyMon Oct 02, 2006 10:41 pm

Jesse wrote:
Ummmm.... what have you done? Why are you kissing up to everyone? PickOn

I think that she may be a secret substance abuser and has joined a twelve step program that makes you do such things....

No really, what a sweet thing to do. I smiled and cried when i read it too. I know for me, Ginny thinks more highly of me than she should! lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 11:40 am

I wouldn't say that, Lynelle. I'm aware that even the finest cloth can tear, but the object of this game is to find the good things in people, and to lift one another up. This is something that we are supposed to be practicing in church and at home and within our families...

And since it's close to the time to start bickering (I.e. a major family event is near), I thought I'd start it out with a few good feelings for once. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gavin
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Old Fart Super nOOb!!!!
Gavin

Male Number of posts : 417

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyTue Oct 03, 2006 3:29 pm

yeah and dont forget my six fiddy... Vador
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family EmptyTue Oct 10, 2006 12:31 pm

Didn't you hear, Gavin? All I'm giving you is a cheesy avatar. clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Compliment the family   Compliment the family Empty

Back to top Go down

Compliment the family
Page 1 of 1