The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Apple Turnovers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Anna

Female Number of posts : 687
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Apple Turnovers Empty
PostSubject: Apple Turnovers   Apple Turnovers EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 11:15 am

These are the apple turnovers I made for the brunch.

You will need: Dried Apple, Dried Cranberries, Apple Juice,Apple Sauce,Brown Sugar, Puff Pastry, 1 Egg,Cinnamon and Water

1 Cup dried apples -diced (I put them in the food processer rather then cutting them up by hand. Saved a lot of time!)
2/3 Cup dried cranberries-diced (same thing with these)
1/2 Cup apple juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 Cup apple sauce
1 egg
1 tablespoon water

Mix the dried fruit together, bring the apple juice to a light simmer on the stove and pour over the dried fruit. Let sit for about 5 minutes...Add the sugar, cinnamon and apple sauce. Set aside

Roll out your thawed Puff pastry onto lightly floured surface. Cut 12 3 inch squares. Spoon about a tablespoon of apple mixture in the center of the pastry. Brush edges with egg and water mixture, fold over and press to seal with a fork. Continue, you will need both sheets of puff pastry. Place the turnovers on parchment lined cookie sheets (I only had wax paper and that seemed to work okay too..)

After you have finished the turnovers put in the fridge for 30 min. Preheat your oven to 375. Brush remaining egg and water mixutre on top and sprinkle with sugar.
Cook for 25 minutes until the turnovers are a deep golden brown.
Sprinkle with Conf. sugar and serve while still warm.
Or...put in freezer until ready to serve and then before you serve them warm them up in the stove and sprinkle with confectioners sugar...
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Apple Turnovers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apple Turnovers   Apple Turnovers EmptyWed Aug 30, 2006 11:19 am

I'm glad you make those Anna.
Back to top Go down

Apple Turnovers
Page 1 of 1