The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is the Bible dependable

Go down 
+2
Ginnifer
Jesse
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Is the Bible dependable Empty
PostSubject: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyWed Mar 21, 2007 10:51 pm

I've got these verses... are there any others that say "the Bible is trustworthy... all of it" kind of message??

2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

2 Peter 1:20-21 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

The precept upon precept... line upon line one in Isaiah just doesn't make sense to me... I don't understand the chapter. (I mean in the sense of the defense of using the Bible to interpert itself.

I guess I should just go look in an Amazing Facts study guide.
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyFri Mar 23, 2007 10:51 am

Jesse wrote:

I guess I should just go look in an Amazing Facts study guide.

Yup. I believe the first one has all those quotes in it.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptySat Mar 24, 2007 8:30 pm

I am guessing that this question is for your impending mormon(not an accident that their name isnt capitalized they are demon worshippers after all) visit just remember that the 2 "missionarys" are going to bring at least 1 to 2 more people with them they have also somewhat instructed in how to overwhelm with a group presence and they could be bringing more then you asked for into your house so please pray for protection first and guidance,But they do not bieleve in the Bible so to use that as proof is not going to sway them they bieleve that their "prophet" can and does speak to God regardless of the fact that when one dies the next is elected by a group of bishops it is perhaps with a few exceptions the dumbest religion and by dumbest I mean you must be the blindest person in the world to bieleve their doctrine,they study but only the book of mormos(not a typo who do [u]you think wrote it?) they are blind followers of their leaders and will not listen to any other doctrine with any mind,You can of course always ask how Joseph Smith died?......a mob went to his house to confront him and he in turn confronted them with a pistol in each hand and when he opened fire they overpowered then hung him not without losing several of the mob members of course......"A Religion founded in Violence can end only one place"
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 9:59 am

Um, for future reference, Mormons do believe in the Bible. They also believe in the Book of Mormon.

Although I don't agree with the religion and it's beliefs, it is not my place to condemn them, say they are dumb, or that they blindly follow someone.

When they visit with people, it is usually done in pairs, so that there is another person to account for the actions that are taken or words that are spoken. It's a way of trying to eliminate any false claims being made about what was discussed or done during the meeting.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 6:39 pm

Just so everyone knows...That was Brandon.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 7:35 pm

PickOn

ROTF
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 7:25 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 10:12 am

Well...ahem... this is in defense of my dear LDS friends......while I do not agree with their choice of religion ( and I am sure that the feeling is mutual) I do admire their fervency and devotion that they have for their denomination. They evangelize, just like we do. While I agree with the comment about being careful about what (or who) we allow into our homes, I would also like to add that there is greater danger in what we bring in as entertainment or reading material than there is in opening our doors to LDS or JW's. After all when talking with these dear people are we not doing the work and will of God? While WE may think that whatever we have to say to these people won't "change" them, we are not the HS and we shouldn't presume to do His job. Paul tells us to "be instant in season and out of season, ALWAYS ready to give an answer for the hope that is within you." And that is for everyone... even those that we may feel are doctrinely wrong..........`
Back to top Go down
Bethie

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 12:26 pm

Lynelle wrote:
Well...ahem... this is in defense of my dear LDS friends......while I do not agree with their choice of religion ( and I am sure that the feeling is mutual) I do admire their fervency and devotion that they have for their denomination. They evangelize, just like we do. While I agree with the comment about being careful about what (or who) we allow into our homes, I would also like to add that there is greater danger in what we bring in as entertainment or reading material than there is in opening our doors to LDS or JW's. After all when talking with these dear people are we not doing the work and will of God? While WE may think that whatever we have to say to these people won't "change" them, we are not the HS and we shouldn't presume to do His job. Paul tells us to "be instant in season and out of season, ALWAYS ready to give an answer for the hope that is within you." And that is for everyone... even those that we may feel are doctrinely wrong..........`

You lose me everytime with all the abbreviations ROTF
Back to top Go down
Relyt
Special Member of the
Special Member of the
Relyt

Male Number of posts : 383

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyMon Mar 26, 2007 9:10 pm

Bethie wrote:
Lynelle wrote:

You lose me everytime with all the abbreviations ROTF

Mormons are officially known as "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints." LDS is an abbreviations of "Latter Day Saints" which is what they perfer to be called.
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 12:30 pm

I think Lynelle needs to become a prophet. She's always got a quote or some sensible advice to throw at you! (Not that I mind ... don't anyone start in saying I don't like Muh-Nelle or anything like that ...... ) Can you, by chance, hold a 60-some-pound Bible on one outstretched arm for like .... what... six hours or so?

But all joking aside, what Lynelle said about the influences in our own home - fo shizzle! Especially if we're evangelizing! Suppose someone came to our home and saw such influences and thus discounted whatever truth we were sharing with them because of their perception of us? I just say this because I think about it a bit and I'm always smacked on the hand with the whole "appearance of evil" Mrs. White talks about so much (particularly, of course, when it's not just an appearance, but outright .... durn me and my romantic suspense novels!)
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable EmptyTue Apr 17, 2007 12:45 pm

now ginny..............I did nOT say a word about your bodice rippers.........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Bible dependable   Is the Bible dependable Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Bible dependable
Page 1 of 1