The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Birthday Brunch Casserole

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Birthday Brunch Casserole Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Brunch Casserole   Birthday Brunch Casserole EmptySun Aug 27, 2006 9:40 am

Amanda...you may not want to read this Very Happy

This is best made the night before and baked in the morning, that way the egg mixture can soak into the bread.

Breakfast Casserole

4 Morningstar Sausage Patties
4 Morningstar Bacon Strips
6-8 Slices Bread
6-8 Tablespoons Butter
8-10 Eggs
3/4 Cup Milk
1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
1-2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Whatever your favorite kind is, but i use a Mexican blend)

Heat sausage patties and bacon strips up but not to the point of being hot...just enough to not be frozen anymore(1 minute in the micro usually does it).
Spray a 13x9 pan with oil. Take bread slices and cut off crusts. Place them in the bottom of the dish. Place 1-2 tablespoons of butter on each slice.
Crumble sausage and bacon slices over the bread evenly.
In a large bowl, place eggs, milk, cayenne, salt and pepper. Whisk until its well beaten.
Pour gently into pan with the bread mixture then sprinkle cheese over the entire dish.
Cover in plastic wrap and store in fridge over night (you don't have to do this, but it tastes much better if you do).
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cook anywhere from 30min to 1 hour depending on how firm you like your eggs...but i usually just cook it until the cheese has turned a medium to dark brown...thats usually a good sign the eggs are firm.

ENJOY!
Back to top Go down

Birthday Brunch Casserole
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: