The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What do you expect?

Go down 
+2
Lynelle
Lee
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2006-08-22

What do you expect? Empty
PostSubject: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 12:57 pm

Last night, we listened to a David Asscherick sermon entitled "What Do You Expect". It was an excellent sermon based on different events from the Bible. The premise was we know that the Lord has led in the past, we know He will do soemthing great in the future, but what do we expect from the Lord right now. Are our expectations built on the little things or do we challenge ourselves with expecting God to fulfill great things in our life?

If anyone would like to borrow the CD, we can make it available.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 4:45 pm

I have to admit that I am still stumped on this one. I mean, have any of you sat down and thought about just WHAT you expect the Lord to do for you? Other than the mormal, keep us safe, save our kids, bless this food kind of stuf? I am having trouble figuring out just what big things I'm expecting the Lord to do..........sad huh?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 5:02 pm

What am I expecting?

For the Lord to continue to open the doors towards law school, if that is my next step.

For Him to teach me patience and to be content. It seems it's a neverending process.

For His will to be exhibited through me at all times.

I expect Him to give me support in my moments of weakness and joy in my moments of peace.

Along with the "basic" safety, love, food, etc. expectations, as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyTue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 pm

What do I expect of the Lord right now?

Right now "this moment"... I expect self to die again.

Right now "today".... I expect warmth and safe keeping. I just ate a meal and had an overwhelming feeling of gratefullness for it, but I expect another meal tomorrow morning.

Right now "this week"... I expect to be tested and tried so that my faith, patience, long suffering, and unconditional love will grow. I expect to grow closer to and learn more about the Lord through fellowship with other people that love and serve Him.

Right now "this month".... I expect to be able to reveal something of Christ's character to someone either through a conversation or my actions. I expect the Lord to continue blessing us with a way to earn money and support our family and others. I expect answers to prayer. I expect to find peace. I expect the opportunity to be a servent to others.

Right now "this year"... I expect the Lord to provide a way for us to pay off our car loan so we can be debt free again. I expect Him to either stop the Cumberland Landfill or clearly show us where it is we should move to. I expect much personal growth through Bible study and I expect to be able to share my faith with someone else using Bible knowledge. I expect to see conversions and renewed commitments from my family. I expect to purchase a woodstove and hand pump for a drilled well. I expect to see my son's 5th birthday. I expect to desire to attend family camp again.

I expect my family to grow closer together as we grow closer to the Lord. I expect hard times and I expect to better my character because of it.

Too much?
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyWed Jan 24, 2007 7:20 am

I wouldn't say i "expect" anything other than the normal keeping us safe and providing food for us.

I HOPE God will help us get out of debt and i HOPE He will help Brandon make it to manager so that he can be salary and have more time for us(this also goes with the getting us out of debt).
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? EmptyThu Jan 25, 2007 2:08 pm

You know? Over the years, I've not "expected" a lot of the Lord, and I'm sorry for this every time he exceeds my expectations. I don't mean this in a selfish way, mind you -- it's not as if I say "Man! Why didn't I ask for more?" But some time ago I heard a very insightful sermon. I don't remember a lot about it, but one thing struck with me particularly and that was the man asking one question: "Why," he said "do we only ask God for just what we need or just what we want?" He went on to explain that we often limit what God can do for us in our lives because we get stuck in a trap of asking Him for the same things all the time, even after he's given them to us, never stretching the boundaries.

Am I suggesting we should ask for 1 million dollars? Not if you don't need it (who does?). But I am saying we, too, should test God, try him. He tells us to! We cannot have a trusting relationship with Him unless we are willing to confide, to ask for our needs and our wants and to have Him lay those things before us.

I totally went off topic, I think. drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you expect?   What do you expect? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you expect?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Religion-
Jump to: