The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Who got out this a.m.?

Go down 
+2
Amanda
Lynelle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Who got out this a.m.? Empty
PostSubject: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 12:19 pm

Not me, uh-uh, no way. I rescheduled the Chiro. visit that Noah and Tyler had this a.m. and I'm picking up Noah's milk later. All we had was sleet and ice. School was canceled, the kids aer outside right now sliding around on the ice.

Tyler is out looking for Jada who hasn't come up this a.m yet to get warm. We have two young men that have set traps for coyete's that are in the area, so of course we worry about the cats.

I am going to start putting together the quilt blocks that I picked up on Fri. of last week. I joined two, (yes that's right TWO) quilting classes. One is a block of the month club, where you pay 5$ and you get your first block, and every month as long as you bring in your completed block, you get the next block free. So potentially you can have an entire quilt top done for 5$! If you miss a month you have to pay 5$ for the next block. I really love the fabrics that we are using, the colors are great. The other is a Thimbleberry quilt and it's called "House and Garden"!! I love the colors on that one too. It's a bit more expensive that the other one. So aside from that I just have to clean and get some bread baked.

Oh... I did finish my control journal for the Flylady class that I am taking, so I'll be good to go when I have to go tomorrow night.

What's on your agenda today?
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 12:22 pm

Yep, made it out with chains on and Brian driving. I'm not looking forward to the trip back up the mountain tonight, as I will be the one driving. Other than that...busy, busy work day ahead.
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 12:33 pm

Amanda wrote:
Yep, made it out with chains on and Brian driving. I'm not looking forward to the trip back up the mountain tonight, as I will be the one driving. Other than that...busy, busy work day ahead.

...and of course her dad who she takes after made it out too.... with no chains. But we had no snow... how much did you guys end uo with AJ?
Back to top Go down
Live4Him
nOOb
nOOb

Female Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Sleet and ice here too....not that much, but enough to make life a little miserable. College had delayed opening. and now the temp is almost 40. Sure is pretty on the trees though!
Oh, and I started scrapbooking, so I'm going to start getting some pics together today and get ready to start something...I got stuff from Close to my Heart and its really nice quality. Finaly, something I can do for me! Well, its for everyone eventually! Never got into sewing...yuck. BUT do like stitchery stuff....good luck with those quilts Lynelle -
2 CLASSES - and you found time when???
Robin flower
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 1:38 pm

Lynelle wrote:
Amanda wrote:

...and of course her dad who she takes after made it out too.... with no chains. But we had no snow... how much did you guys end uo with AJ?

Depends on where you look....3-4 inches.
Back to top Go down
Ginnifer
Slightly improved typing skills
Slightly improved typing skills
Ginnifer

Female Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2006-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 1:55 pm

We didn't have any problem.... except the water is still frozen. But I'm inside and the woodstove is cranking and ... well. All is well.
Back to top Go down
Jesse
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 3:35 pm

I had a party yesterday afternoon which had light attendance b/c of the weather, but one lady actually drove 45 minutes to come!

I headed home a little after 4pm... didn't have to drive any slower than usual, but I did see one accident. The roads were still wet, not frozen, but the entire car was iced over including my wipers. They still did their jobs well... they just didn't sound nice.

Arrived home without incident and haven't left yet today. I'm planning on it after "rest time".. probably around 3pm when everything should be all melted.

Yes the trees do look pretty.
Back to top Go down
Bethie

Female Number of posts : 1183

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? EmptyMon Jan 22, 2007 5:10 pm

Its 3pm, not much has melted since we have yet to get over 35 degrees (weatherman said mid to upper 40s by 2pm Rolling Eyes ). Still, the cars, yards, driveways and most important, STEPS (Brandon fell down our front ones this morning, i like to have laughed my butt off at him Laughing ) are clear...trees are still pretty icy...and very purrty!
We are stayin' inside as long as i can make it last. Today we have the heat a little lower and the space heater crankin' in the livingroom(where we spend most of our time). Its actually very nice (unless you go in the bed and bathrooms).
I love ice storms! But this one wasn't big enough for me. We only have two trees bending over and touching the ground Sad .
We were SUPPOSE to get snow...i didn't see a flake! When the precip started, it was pure sleet...and LOTS of it! Coming down so hard it sounded like hail! Covered everything in no time, then the freezing rain started...yet the weatherman swears Cumberland got 1-2" of it! Sheesh! Rolling Eyes
I can't wait for the next storm!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who got out this a.m.?   Who got out this a.m.? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who got out this a.m.?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: The Family Nut house (General Chat)-
Jump to: