The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Troop Increase

Go down 
4 posters

Are you for or against the troop increase in Iraq?
For
Troop Increase Vote_lcap40%Troop Increase Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Against
Troop Increase Vote_lcap60%Troop Increase Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Jesse
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Jesse

Female Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Troop Increase Empty
PostSubject: Troop Increase   Troop Increase EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 4:19 pm

I think if it would hurry up and end our involvement in Iraq it would be okay.
Back to top Go down
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906

Troop Increase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troop Increase   Troop Increase EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 4:33 pm

I don't think there is any way for us to "hurry up and get out" at this point in time. A recently released article concerning the proposed 20,000 indicates that placing more troops in Iraq will help to alleviate the insurgent forces.

For example: "'The Iraqis have to step up,' White House counselor Dan Bartlett said." My question - they haven't stepped up to this point in time, the insurgents haven't been disbanded or felt threatened, how will merely placing more troops in harm's way allow or permit this to happen?

We're talking about a nation that has been beaten into submission by a dictator, angry mobs that resort to any method of violence to get their points across, and have little to no self esteem. With such a history, I think it will take a lot of time and effort on multiple fronts for any differences or changes to be made. For those reasons, I think a quick exit is unlikely.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16558652/
Back to top Go down
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

Troop Increase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troop Increase   Troop Increase EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:24 am

I am in favor of increasing troops into Iraq to bring order into areas that need more control. The vast majority of the violence is in Baghdad and the surrounding areas not in the entire country of Iraq. There are many good things happening in that country, but we do not hear about them through the biased media.

I am also of the opinion that the Iraqi troops need to get into high gear as far as getting ready to take control of the security forces for the entire country. I agree with the president that they need to do it by a certain time and the sooner the better. We have been there for nearly four years now and it is time for them to step up and be accounted for.

This is a war and war is not pretty. The longer we stay there the worse it will be for our country as the forces will be looked at as an occupation force. The US is already looked at by the rest of the world as a superpower, and opinions vary (depending on if the countries that like us get money and food from us) as to whether we are good or bad. By pulling out too early, it will appear to the rest of the world that we are weak and cannot handle the heat of warfare. It will weaken us for any future conflict and bring on more terrorism in this country because we do not have the backbone as a country to stand up to the conflicts that come our way.
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

Troop Increase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troop Increase   Troop Increase EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 9:43 am

Very well said!
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Sponsored content

Troop Increase Empty
PostSubject: Re: Troop Increase   Troop Increase Empty

Back to top Go down

Troop Increase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Debate Topics {Defend your stance on the subject}-
Jump to: