The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Why I love Amy Carmichael

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lynelle
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Why I love Amy Carmichael Empty
PostSubject: Why I love Amy Carmichael   Why I love Amy Carmichael EmptyTue Dec 26, 2006 2:12 pm

A Very Present Help -
Which is harder, to do or to endure? I think to endure is much the harder, and our Father loves us too much to let us pass through life without learning to endure. So I want you to welcome the little difficult things, the tiny pricks and ruffles that are sure to come almost every day. For they give you a chance to say “No” to yourself, and by doing so you will become strong not only to do but also to endure.
Whatever happens, don’t be sorry for yourselves. You know how our Lord met the tempting “Pity thyself” (Matt. 16:22). After all, what is anything we have to bear in comparison with what our Lord bore for us?
I know that each one of you is in need of continual help if you are continually to conquer. I have splendid words to give you. They are from the first verse of Psalm 46 – a very present help.
Our loving Lord is not just present, but nearer than thought can imagine, so near that a whisper can reach Him. You know the story of the man who had a quick temper and had not time to go away and pray for help. His habit was to send up a little telegraph prayer, “Thy sweetness, Lord!,” and sweetness came.
Do you need courage? “Thy courage, Lord!” Patience? “Thy patience, Lord!” Love? “Thy love, Lord!” A quiet mind? “Thy quietness, Lord!” Shall we all practise this swift and simple way of prayer more and more? If we do, our Very Present Help will not disappoint us. For Thou, Lord, has never failed them that seek Thee.
Back to top Go down

Why I love Amy Carmichael
Page 1 of 1