The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bethie
Killing Time... Wish I got paid for this!

Female Number of posts : 1183
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa Empty
PostSubject: Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa   Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:35 am

WOW...i made these last night and they were AWESOME!

1/2 cup mushrooms (optional)
Half bag of MorningStar Sausage-Style Recipe Crumbles (i've only found these at Ukrops)
3 containers (1pkg) Morningstar Egg Substitue
4-6 Tortillas
Brandons Avacado Salsa (recipe below...optional)

Sautee the mushrooms, add in Sausage Crumbles. Cook until the crumbles are done. Scrape onto place.
Add the egg substitue to the pan. Cook until the scrambled eggs are done then add the mushroom/sausage mixture and mix. Allow to warm for just a couple minutes.
Warm torillas. Place mixture in tortillas and enjoy!

Even better if served with salsa and/or avacado in the borritos with the mixture.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brandons Avacado Salsa

2 Tablespoons Mexican Crema (found at any grocery store in the refrigerated tortilla section, kinda like Sour Cream only lower in fat and cholesterol)
1/2 Avacado mashed
4 Tablespoons salsa
1 Teaspoon Chili Powder

Mix all ingrediants together in small bowl.
Makes enough for 4 borritos.

Brandon is really good at making sauces and salsas. He has never made one i haven't liked, but this is his very best!
Back to top Go down
Lynelle

Female Number of posts : 1264
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa   Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 am

It sure does sound yummy.... funny how enes are. Uncle Junnie (bemas brother) was a good cook and his speciality was sauces.... next was Lisa, she made good sauces too... now Bran.......
Back to top Go down

Sausage Borritos & Avacado Salsa
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Family Recipes-
Jump to: