The Family Nut house
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Family Nut house

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Generalizations and Stereotypes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Amanda
Queen
Queen
Amanda

Female Number of posts : 1906
Registration date : 2006-08-22

Generalizations and Stereotypes Empty
PostSubject: Generalizations and Stereotypes   Generalizations and Stereotypes EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 am

Should we make generalizations on issues, simply because we think we are right about something?

Are stereotypes accurate or appropriate?
Back to top Go down
Brian
Site Owner
Site Owner
Brian

Male Number of posts : 1393

PostSubject: Re: Generalizations and Stereotypes   Generalizations and Stereotypes EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 9:34 am

Yes... and they are accurate! farao
Back to top Go down
http://bothomas.smugmug.com
Lee
nOOb
nOOb
Lee

Male Number of posts : 98

PostSubject: Re: Generalizations and Stereotypes   Generalizations and Stereotypes EmptyWed Dec 20, 2006 11:51 am

By making a generalization, you place yourself in a defensive mode when people disagree with you and you have to explain your way out of what you said. So, I think that making generalizations would not be the proper thing to do on any issue. Do I do it, probably, but that does not make it right to do.

As far as stereotypes, this can be inappropriate as well. I disagree with Brian when he says they are accurate. Where some people may fit into a "stereotype" there are others that don't fit and stereotyping everyone shows how shallow in our thinking we can be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Generalizations and Stereotypes   Generalizations and Stereotypes Empty

Back to top Go down

Generalizations and Stereotypes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Family Nut house :: The Family Zone :: Debate Topics {Defend your stance on the subject}-
Jump to: